~£300 for a new TV?

Soldato
not that it's a benchmark but, is panasonic so different to apple
The iPhone's Assemblers

The components manufactured by those companies all around the world are ultimately sent to just two companies to assemble into iPods, iPhones, and iPads. Those companies are Foxconn and Pegatron, both of which are based in Taiwan.

Technically, Foxconn is the company’s trade name; the firm’s official name is Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. Foxconn is Apple's longest running partner in building these devices. It currently assembles the majority of Apple's iPhones in its Shenzen, China, location, although Foxconn maintains factories in countries across the world, including Thailand, Malaysia, the Czech Republic, South Korea, Singapore, and the Philippines.
Pegatron is a relatively recent addition to the iPhone assembly process. It is estimated that it built about 30 percent of the iPhone 6 orders in its Chinese plants.

The ex700, still on sale, I identified, czech Pan factory. afaik.

Soldato
Like asking for the difference between light and darkness. Panasonic have very different corporate culture.
you are right, (for the others) - who's who ?

"XXX has always been different. A different kind of company with a different view of the world. It's a special place where we have the opportunity to create the best products on earth - products that change lives and help shape the future. It's a privilege we hold dear."

Our business primarily comprises the following integrated philosophies and processes. First, we are entrusted by society with valuable resources, including human resources, materials, funds and information. Next, we use these resources to create value-added products and services. Finally, we make these products and services available throughout the world. The most essential of these processes is the creation of added value aimed at contributing to economic, social and environmental progress with a view to achieving sustainable development. In other words, creating value and contributing to society is our primary mission

Soldato
My folks have a budget-range Panasonic TV they got a few years ago, it's awful. It's fine for them (they can't tell the difference between regular and HD channels, to put it into perspective), but personally I find the image quality and interface appalling.

Permabanned
My folks have a budget-range Panasonic TV they got a few years ago, it's awful. It's fine for them (they can't tell the difference between regular and HD channels, to put it into perspective), but personally I find the image quality and interface appalling.

A few years ago means HD Ready or Full HD. Which model are you referring to?

Soldato
It is impossible not to see difference between 576i and 1080i channels on a HD Ready TV.
Even on an old CRT TV, you will recognise a 1080i channel.
So, the fault not to see difference is not in the TV image quality.

That wasn't my point, my folks don't care about HD or 4K and mostly end up watching the SD channels even when they have the HD ones, so they don't particularly care that their TV is a naff. I however do notice it, and my experience of watching their Panasonic is in contrast with your claim that they makes the best TVs at every price range. They don't.

Soldato
still in my history about hd/sd viewing habits.

How do we know this is an issue for lots of viewers?
https://ukfree.tv/article/110705253...le_with_an_HD_set/PGSTART60/irt848469#b848469

However, what is very interesting is that the share of viewers using the HD services for viewing the main free-to-air, public service channels (which get 51% of total viewing) is [5]:

Why are the figures so low? It’s because on all Freeview sets, the HD channel numbers are not swapped with the single figures everyone knows, so you must know to add 100, 96, 97, 3 or even minus 124 to get the same PSB channel in HD
Forgive me for pointing this out, but for many of us we just can’t see the benefit of HD television. If, like me, you’re getting near middle aged, you’ll know all too well that eyesight declines with age. This is shown here on this chart.
2017 article, but even so

Permabanned
That wasn't my point, my folks don't care about HD or 4K and mostly end up watching the SD channels even when they have the HD ones, so they don't particularly care that their TV is a naff. I however do notice it, and my experience of watching their Panasonic is in contrast with your claim that they makes the best TVs at every price range. They don't.

How can we trust you if you don't recall and refuse to call such a simple thing as the TV model in order to check your claim? :confused:

Soldato

I'm still waiting for 4K to substantiate his claim about HDR being a gimmick as his non HDR TV can simulate HDR perfectly with the brightness turned up @ ~300nits

Soldato
How can we trust you if you don't recall and refuse to call such a simple thing as the TV model in order to check your claim? :confused:

Who is the collective "we" you're referring to? Nobody else appears to be suggesting I'm lying over the basis of not having memorised the model number of a TV in my parents' house 175 miles away.

Back
Top Bottom