£300 'Gaming' PC

Associate
Hi all,

Been out of the loop for a while so I was wondering if anyone could spec a good value for money PC based around the £300 mark. A friend's nephew wants to get a tower for playing Minecraft but may want to get into other games in the future. Assume we need all components, excluding optical drive, peripherals and OS. No real preferences on particular brands.

Thanks in advance

Associate
For minecraft I'm thinking:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £194.87
(includes shipping: £9.90)

Plus David's Case, HD, PSU that comes to £290. Can save £10 on a single stick of 8GB memory.

It will play mine craft no problem. Imo will play Skyrim 1080p, Borderlands and 5 year old games OK as I've used slower Intel laptop CPU and integrated GPUs for such before.
It will need a dedicated graphics card for modern games at 1080p. And the CPU is not strong enough for all of the latest games.

Edit2. Thinking the B grade might mean you have to have your own CPU paste if the cooler has been attached before. I think the non B grade A10 cpu was only about £5 more.

Last edited:
Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £265.04
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Case is personal preference, it's new and just saw it, looked interesting lol, Might not be quite as strong a processors as above APU, but you can get a gtx 750(ti) or better for the change on the used market if you look that would be better and if you lower the ram to a single 4gb stick(still enough for minecraft and a lot of games unless they AAA) you could get an even better graphics card on the used market, could get a 760 or high end hd7000 series for example.

Soldato
Failing that you could buy a i5 2500k/2600k system or a haswell well i5k that would better new by a big margarine if you look on gum or other, hell, my system would run minecraft and many games well and I'm selling it less than £200(not an offer, just pointing out) as the result of systems I've seen to compare for pricing.

Back
Top Bottom