• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060ti FE constant "out of memory" error

Associate
Full error:
Code:
out of memory trying to allocate a rendering resource

I have a funny feeling my 3060ti FE is dying and I'm not sure how to diagnose it. This seems to be a very common issue on Google but that's mostly "non techy" people trying to play games way outside the capabilities of their machines. I am getting this error on games such as OW2, Deep Rock Galactic and Sea of Thieves. Not when the game is running for a length of time or in any particular situation in the game itself, it happens on game start, randomly in menus etc etc. All non demanding scenarios for not at all demanding games.

I can even see in task manager that little to no vram is being used, same as with GPU-Z. I have a stable OC on the card memory of +950mhz, removing this does nothing. I can fresh restart the machine and go right into OW2 and get an instant crash.

Any advice? The card is only 7 months old.

Associate
OP
Do you get the same error if you lower the resolution and)or in game settings ?

Try uninstalling GPU drivers and then reinstall, use ddu to wipe the drivers .
Ah yes sorry. I did forget to mention a few things.
  • Fresh drivers, used DDU
  • Happens at 1440p and 1080p, regardless of graphics settings
I am tempted to install it into another one of my machines to see if it still happens but honestly would rather avoid that because it's a faff.

Man of Honour
Ah yes sorry. I did forget to mention a few things.
  • Fresh drivers, used DDU
  • Happens at 1440p and 1080p, regardless of graphics settings
I am tempted to install it into another one of my machines to see if it still happens but honestly would rather avoid that because it's a faff.
Do you have a spare GPU to try ?

What's your system spec ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom