• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Surely the mining diffilcuty of BTC thesedays requires dedicated ASIC'S only ?

Might be Alt coins that use GPUs still?
Pretty much, I don't think BTC mining has been done on GPUs since like 2010.

When BTC goes up so do all altcoins, quite a few are worth mining.

Soldato
Pretty much, I don't think BTC mining has been done on GPUs since like 2010.

When BTC goes up so do all altcoins, quite a few are worth mining.

^ this, its pointless trying mine BTC unless you got ASICs, but there a pools where you mine alt coins and get paid out in BTC, can be very profitable.

Soldato
Will be very interesting to see if the stock supply for these is healthier. 3070s haven't been super hard to get unlike the 3080 so I imagine the cut-down version must be quite plentiful.

Soldato
3060ti just appeared. MSI £500 and ASUS TUF £611 both say available from 02/12/20. Must be a mistake from the company that usually makes such mistakes.

Yeah, no way it would be that high. May as well spend an extra £40 and try for a 3080 FE when available.

When are review due out? 2 days before release?? So tomorrow??...

There’s nothing official about the cards existing though is there?

Associate
Will be very interesting to see if the stock supply for these is healthier. 3070s haven't been super hard to get unlike the 3080 so I imagine the cut-down version must be quite plentiful.

we will have to see but if there is more stock available at release it will not not last long unless pricing gets jacked up by the box shifters.

Soldato
Hmm... Sort of interesting to see what kind of GPU you can get for a bit more than what I payed for my R9 390 5 years ago (including inflation).

If it's anything like the other founders edition GPUs, they might only produce them for 2-3 weeks, then get AIBs to produce the rest (speculation).

AMD will probably release the 6700 GPUs shortly after, priced similarly to the last gen 5700 XT and 5700.

The 6700 is likely to be very similar to the PS5 GPU in performance, since it will probably have the same number of CUs (36).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom