• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Soldato
I got mine for MSRP plus postage, I keep looking for a 3080 as that's where I really wanted to be, but with new cards possibly coming out, hopefully people will cancel pre-orders and the normal cards will actually be available lol

Associate
I'm running vega 64 in a custom loop and I'm tired of it. I did want to get a rx 6800 come my birthday - June. But I'm not paying anymore than msrp for it as its at my limit at msrp.

So what do you reckon on me replacing it with one of these. What price would you say no to? Over 350 or over 400 or what? Seeong as msrp is what? 300?

Associate
Seen lots of 3070's and a few 3080's over the past week and they are just not worth the prices. Also 99% of AIB cards look arse.

Plus for me at least I have a Vega56 and I am loathed to pay all that money and not get more VRAM I am at 1440p but I also play at 4K on the TV and I don't mind the lack of VRAM upgrade if it's RRP as the card itself is a massive upgrade but not when its the best part of five hundred quid!

Associate
I'm running vega 64 in a custom loop and I'm tired of it. I did want to get a rx 6800 come my birthday - June. But I'm not paying anymore than msrp for it as its at my limit at msrp.

So what do you reckon on me replacing it with one of these. What price would you say no to? Over 350 or over 400 or what? Seeong as msrp is what? 300?

No the FE card is priced at £370 and is a really good value. Expect to pay £400 to £450 for an AIB card. I wouldn't go above £450 for this. However as you have said if you can wait for a 6800 that is a much better performance to value proposition!

Soldato

Recommended retail price is £369 for the FE. I wouldn't pay a penny more.

I don't think the AIB cards are worth more either. They certainly don't look as sexy.

Soldato
Recommended retail price is £369 for the FE. I wouldn't pay a penny more.
Yep, that's what I paid, plus PnP and it's great quality/value at that price. However, the FE cards are better and probably less profitable than most AIB cards. I think it's unrealistic to expect the AIB cards to be similarly price. £400 seems reasonable.

Associate
Does the 3060 consume less power than the Ti?

Yes, the 3060 only needs 170 TDP cooling compared to the 3060ti's rating of 200 TDP going by Nvidia's official spec.
We won't know exact watt draw untile the cards come out and some AIB cards will be different, a highly clocked 3060 may use about as much power as a low clocked 3060ti but in general the 3060 will use a little less juice.

Back
Top Bottom