• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 TI @ £799 - doesn't feel too stupid a price?

OcUK Staff
Prices are still crazy. OCUK selling a 3080ti for £1099.99 in stock. They have 9 3080's more expensive than that price in stock. Other 3080ti's similiar price as a 3080.

Who would buy a 3080 for more than the cost of a 3080ti ?

OcUK is pretty much leading the way with price drops, unfortunately not all board partners are been as responsive to my demands of price support or deals, but they will, oh yes they will with time, the KFA2 deal has upset a lot of people, Muhahahahaha. :D

Prices will come down more for sure, been pushing relentlessly past several weeks and refusing to buy more stock unless the price drops and old inventory is protected, some have acted, some have not which can be clearly seen by the prices been a little all over the shop at the moment, but generally we lead the way and MSI and Asus are also doing a solid job too generally with getting prices down now. :)

Soldato
Prices are still crazy. OCUK selling a 3080ti for £1099.99 in stock. They have 9 3080's more expensive than that price in stock. Other 3080ti's similiar price as a 3080.

Don't know but sub £800 RTX 3080 10GB cards are popping their heads up, can't imagine it'll be long before they are £750 or less.

Soldato
OcUK is pretty much leading the way with price drops, unfortunately not all board partners are been as responsive to my demands of price support or deals, but they will, oh yes they will with time, the KFA2 deal has upset a lot of people, Muhahahahaha. :D

Prices will come down more for sure, been pushing relentlessly past several weeks and refusing to buy more stock unless the price drops and old inventory is protected, some have acted, some have not which can be clearly seen by the prices been a little all over the shop at the moment, but generally we lead the way and MSI and Asus are also doing a solid job too generally with getting prices down now. :)

I wasnt having a go, I can understand if you bought 3080's at x price and still in stock you need to maintain the pricing as long as possible to make sure you dont sell at a loss.

You've done some great KFA deals in the past and I know its not the "favoured" brand but I have bought their cards before and they are great. In the current climate the KFA 3080ti is a bargain.

Associate
I've seen 3rd party 3070's for less than 600 and 3070Ti's for less than 700 on Fleabay these last couple of days. The used and advertised 'as new' market is dropping in price quickly over there at the moment for all cards.

I expect they'll continue to drop now that energy prices are going up in the UK and mining becomes even less profitable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazes me how people's perceptions have been altered. Prices have risen way out of line with incomes, to me a 3070Ti is a max £500 card. If it's your main interest and you love a bit of gaming go for it. I tend to find other things to do until prices calm down, it will soon be summer too ;) I'm thinking around BF this year will be the time to buy. Lots of choices all competing for less money...

Soldato
Mid May 2021 looks the worst time in history for gpu prices? Lets hope it never gets that bad again, although I can see rtx 4000's being big money later this year.

Associate
it's just fun to price check everyday and watch the numbers fall

Yes, fun to have a quick look everyday at the moment. 3080 for not much more than £799.99 now, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 SG 10GB LHR GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
3070ti have been selling at 4k card prices but don't have 4k card performance, https://youtu.be/DhRAy_2WxE8?t=1496

Can get one a £100 cheaper than when the thread was started, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-067-pl.html

Last edited:
Associate

I actually did that because I'd rather have a top tier 3080 like a Strix than a bottom tier "KFA2". KFA2 is basically junk compared to a Strix. There's barely any perceivable performance difference between the 3080 12GB and 3080 Ti anyway so I just picked the better card. Maybe other people feel differently and think any bottom tier Ti is better but I just wouldn't be pleased with a bottom feeder card in my system.

Don't know but sub £800 RTX 3080 10GB cards are popping their heads up, can't imagine it'll be long before they are £750 or less.

No they are not. Cheapest are just under £900.

it's just fun to price check everyday and watch the numbers fall

Must be like watching paint dry? Prices haven't really changed in 2 weeks...

Last edited:
Associate
nvidia dropped their prices first amd are currently playing catchup and dropping. High end cards are always most resistant to price drops because people that buy them tend to not be as concerned about price to performance

Back
Top Bottom