• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 Ti power cables

Associate
Hi there

I'm considering a 3080 Ti, but I'm unsure about the 3x 8 pin requirements. Can I use this setup:

1x 8 pin
1x 8 pin
1x 8 pin splitter cable (the remaining 8 pin connector of the cable will be hidden)

Thanks

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hi there

I'm considering a 3080 Ti, but I'm unsure about the 3x 8 pin requirements. Can I use this setup:

1x 8 pin
1x 8 pin
1x 8 pin splitter cable (the remaining 8 pin connector of the cable will be hidden)

Thanks

Yes.

You can even use just the 1x8 pin splitter and one of the other 1x8 pins.

Associate
It is better, but as I understand it it won't make a difference unless you're doing some significant overclocking.

Permabanned
It can cause excess heat so depends on PSU/Cables.

IMO buy a FE, easier/cheaper to get and cooler/quieter and better silicon so probably better OC and one connector to 2 PSU sockets.

Associate
OP
It can cause excess heat so depends on PSU/Cables.

IMO buy a FE, easier/cheaper to get and cooler/quieter and better silicon so probably better OC and one connector to 2 PSU sockets.

Thanks, I didn't notice the the FE only required the 2x 8 pins, that makes things simpler. The EVGA 3080 Ti is quite abit more money then the FE.

Permabanned
2x 8pin to new Nvidia 12pin, I bought the neater Corsair cable so do not use the included Y cable.

Are EVGA not getting a bit of a bad rap recently and not for the first time?

Associate
OP
That's interesting to know, I heard good stuff about the EVGA customer service which I like and their card got good reviews. What have you heard about EVGA?.

Permabanned
May have been the pads on the 3000 series worse than others, not sure.

I always bought EVGA now only Nvidia do FE and I did have an issue with EVGA support with my 1080Ti FE fan so deleted my customer account and will be Nvidia FE only now on and have been for Titan Xp/3090

Back
Top Bottom