• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090 FE Fan speeds not updating correctly - any ideas?

Soldato
I started getting some hard shut downs on my pc over the past few days, after some trial and error i realised that my 3090 fans were not moving from 30%, the temp sensor appears to be correct but the overall heat it was producing on 30% was crashing my pc after an hour or so gaming.

Ive been able to bypass it by setting a user defined fan curve, but for instance in order to get a minimum fan speed of 40% i have to set this to 55% in afterburner.

Any ideas?

Associate
I have the same with my gigabyte 3080 and afterburner.

I have to set the % as 63 in the fan profile and it shows as 48 in the main AB window so must be a bug with how its reported.

Permabanned
Are you sure this is down to the 3080 overheating or is all that hot air being dumped in the case that's the problem?

Certainly the fan thing is odd. Each manufacturer should have it "calibrated" for their own fan, so clearly I am not understanding something.

Back
Top Bottom