• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090FE temp limit 1 even when temps are ok?

Associate
Hi,

So I have my 3090 doing a bit of mining with nicehash when idle and I noticed the mining window was showing a warning about "Device #0 is running too hot, performance is degraded" even though its only sitting at 50 degrees.

Ran Afterburner and sure enough, temp is only 50 but temp limit showing 1 there too, same in HWMonitor... what the hell is going on - any ideas please?

Thanks,

Edit, I should add the temp limit/power limit sliders are maxed out at 114% and 90 degrees.

Associate
OP
Im waiting for my waterblock, think that will help with its semi active backplate (according to EKWB), apparantly its capable of £9 profit a day with current electricity/bitcoin prices maxed out but im only getting about £5 right now.

Cant be good for the memory to be at 110 degrees all day though :/

Associate
Im waiting for my waterblock, think that will help with its semi active backplate (according to EKWB), apparantly its capable of £9 profit a day with current electricity/bitcoin prices maxed out but im only getting about £5 right now.

cause you are cooking your card:p

Soldato
Yeah the memory on the back in particular gets super hot - try touching the backplate!

It’s compounded by the low core temps meaning the standard fan curve is low while you’re doing it, if you manually ramp up the fans you’ll notice a significant drop in vram temp...

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, trying some things now... that post you shared is great Jerry cheers.

I dont want to cook my card so will figure out a decent setup to control temps and obviously wont make the max possible but im pretty pumped about being able to still make decent money with this thing when otherwise idle :)

Permabanned
Yes hopefully a mod will move it;)
I see a distinct lack of those same people complaining in this thread though, even you were getting all shouty in that thread but not a peep in this one.

Just to remind you as you seemed to have lost your voice now
Plus this needs moving to
Crypto Currency & Mining part of the forum

Last edited:
Soldato

3090 memory runs extremely hot in the rear of the card with mining - the only solution is water cooling the back of the card with the MP5 cooler or waiting for EK's new backplates

because of this the 3080 is a better card for mining

Associate
OP
I was at stock so 100% power limit, I've now settled for 60% power limit with +850 overclock on the memory.
This gets me about 72M while still keeping the memory below 100 degrees, I have a EKWB 3090FE block on order so eventually will try it out with the active backplate.

Back
Top Bottom