31,5" 2560x1440@144Hz

Associate
Samsung LC32HG70QQUXEN

32" curved
1440p
Backlight scanning (aka ULMB/Blur reductiuon)
Freesync
VA
Quantum Dot

Might be the better option, although retail is £650.

Soldato
These look good but are VA again. Isnt he 144hz wasted because of smearing/lagging pixels on va panels?

Genuine question as i have been looking at that 120hz z35p or agon 35" or the samsung 34" if i went freesync but the laggy panels is putting me off somewhat.

I am talking from the perspective of fast paced twitch shooters etc.

Soldato
Either get the 34" for more resolution or a 27" if you want that res.

I made a post last night re moving from my 27" 1440p to a 27" 1080 due to my eyesight going bad and now i struggle to read it. This would kind of have the same effect as that which sounds good. I do wonder if you would have to move your head around a lot to look at the corners of the screen though.

Associate
These look good but are VA again. Isnt he 144hz wasted because of smearing/lagging pixels on va panels?

Genuine question as i have been looking at that 120hz z35p or agon 35" or the samsung 34" if i went freesync but the laggy panels is putting me off somewhat.

I am talking from the perspective of fast paced twitch shooters etc.

The Samsung is Quantum dot and says 1ms lag , not sure how this will translate in real life though?

• Quantum dot colour vibrations Leveraging Quantum Dot technology, Samsung's radical curved gaming monitor with approximately 125% sRGB colour coverage.
  • WQHD Resolution With up to 1.7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD not only delivers incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images
  • 1ms Response Time making your gaming smooth and blur-free. Dominate the competition without being interrupted by ghosting, motion blur or mouse lag, even in FPS games.
  • Refresh rate 144Hz - The rapid 144Hz screen refresh rate minimizes image lag and motion blur for smooth gaming, while user-friendly 60Hz/120Hz settings let you optimize monitor performance
  • Arena Lighting, at the back of the monitor, adds to the thrill of gaming. OSD dashboard gives full view of key game settings at a glance shortcut keys change the settings the way you want them.

Soldato
Big price disparity between the 27inch n the 32 too. If size is the only difference then I don't think it warrants a 50% price increase. Need more info I guess, hopefully cleared up at next weeks expo

Soldato
Curved though... really do not want that for working on. Don't feel like I could reliably judge an image on a curved surface :/ Also backlight scanning can GTFO unless it has a disable option. I moved off CRTs due to eyestrain and I don't want to go back!

Is it too much to ask for an all-rounder screen at this size+aspect?

Back
Top Bottom