31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G

Associate
OP
I think it has 2 x HDMI (only 4K), 1 x DP and 1 x Thunderbolt

Ya it would be a shame if it was Thunderbolt 3 only. 5120x2560 at 34" would be a dream monitor in a lot of ways. As long as LG didn't ruin it with a sparkly matte AR film. To get that high of resolution at 60 Hz though would exceed HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.2 speeds. Especially with HDR. So unless this has DP 1.4 on it, TB3 maybe be the only way to run it at 60 Hz. What say you Daniel? ;)

Associate
Ya it would be a shame if it was Thunderbolt 3 only. 5120x2560 at 34" would be a dream monitor in a lot of ways. As long as LG didn't ruin it with a sparkly matte AR film. To get that high of resolution at 60 Hz though would exceed HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.2 speeds. Especially with HDR. So unless this has DP 1.4 on it, TB3 maybe be the only way to run it at 60 Hz. What say you Daniel? ;)

I say I think I need the factory spec sheet!!!!

Associate
OP
I say I think I need the factory spec sheet!!!!

Oh ya Dan I confirmed what you said about the 34WK95U. The label at CES shows it as having HDMI and DP. Saving my pennies for the 5120x2560 34WK95U. Any idea on timeline on this display and maybe send one to TFTCentral? ;)

Also, got any info on the LG 38WK95C? Looks to be using the same 37.5" screen as last years display, any upgrades? Sorry for all the questions, LG has some nice displays coming out this year.

For those interested this guy goes through the LG lineup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5dpLBik0yU

Associate
Oh ya Dan I confirmed what you said about the 34WK95U. The label at CES shows it as having HDMI and DP. Saving my pennies for the 5120x2560 34WK95U. Any idea on timeline on this display and maybe send one to TFTCentral? ;)

Also, got any info on the LG 38WK95C? Looks to be using the same 37.5" screen as last years display, any upgrades? Sorry for all the questions, LG has some nice displays coming out this year.

For those interested this guy goes through the LG lineup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5dpLBik0yU

Hey Vega,

34WK95U I expect it to be available around May/June time - I am gutted you have seen it as even I haven't yet!!!

in regards to 38WK95C, I think it is the same panel yes, but it has HDR added ontop :)

Associate
been speaking to TFT central and they are ready to receive 1 unit once it lands with me

I am hoping it does sell well - along with all the other new gaming models - they have been a long time coming!
Ooh, nice. Well assuming it's as balanced a piece of kit as it sounds, I daresay a tftcentral review is a good step towards bringing in the sales. I know a lot of people tend to regard tftcentral as the final word on monitors (rightly or wrongly - no doubt there are some other sites doing good work, but tftcentral have certainly earned their reputation).

Seems like this is happening a little *too* fast - I'm away travelling until April, and I fear at this rate I'll have to spend a couple of months gazing longingly at reviews before I can actually get and buy the damned thing :p

Back
Top Bottom