32" VA 1440p 144Hz freesync monitors

Associate
Am considering upgrading to a freesync monitor now that nVidia are supporting them, and started looking at 60Hz IPS but have found that 144Hz VA monitors are available for not much more.

I have seen the https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-04u-ao.html and the https://www.overclockers.co.uk/hann...rved-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-002-hs.html and wonder if they'll be a good upgrade from an AOC Q2770P.

32" would be good for me as I am short sighted and if I can get away with having to wear glasses at my desk then I'll take it!

Curved wouldn't be my first choice, but it appears to be all that is available for this price point.

The only thing I have seen going against these monitors is VA blur.

Is there a better monitor between these two? others to consider that I may have missed? :)

Cheers!

Soldato
I've got this monitor (Hannspree) and I really rate it highly for how much it costs, don't get me wrong you could spend £500 and get slightly better but for this price a bargain.

The cable in the box is garbage though

Associate
I've narrowed my choice of new monitor down to these two as well. I prefer the stand on the Hannspree (looks like it can sit flusher to a wall) but I think I read the AOC has a brilliant freesync range, something like 1-120htz or something?

They're both a similar price so I guess I want the one that is going to work best with my 1080 (via the new freesync integration).

Permabanned
The AOC would be my choice but the stand is going to take up more space.

All these 32" monitors in the £400ish range are annoying, curved, sometimes with HDR, sometimes without, ghosting could be an issue, screen uniformity is never great and they often don't come calibrated in any way at all. Even though they're 144hz the pixels usually can't update fast enough for it be any benefit to you so market them for gamers is a bit false.

So yeah, they're overpriced imo but there are no IPS alternatives, at least nothing which has the same resolution and screen size at 144hz that I'm aware of.

Associate
OP
Hmm, most of the issues you mention @Shocky-FM are things I am concerned about, but I'll have to spend substantially more to get a similar monitor with an IPS panel...which of course have their own set of issues, glow etc. It is crazy to see threads of users who have spent over £700 on a monitor but have to repeatedly return it to try and get one without glaring flaws.
The tftcentral review of the AOC mentions that max overdrive results in very little ghosting or overshoot, but only when running at 144Hz...I'd imagine this means that it'll need to be set a notch down to account for freesync.

I can't find anywhere that mentions its freesync range, but one of the statutes of Freesync 2 is that the panel supports LFC, which means it'll have to be at least 72-144Hz.
I am not paying attention to the fact the monitor claims to support HDR, as it still doesn't hit 400cdm, has no local dimming, and doesn't output the full DCI-P3 gamut.

There is https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...reesync-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-04m-ao.html too, but it is only 75Hz, but is IPS, so trades potential ghosting for almost guaranteed glow.

I hate monitors tbh, every type of panel has a compromise somewhere!

Permabanned
Hmm, most of the issues you mention @Shocky-FM are things I am concerned about, but I'll have to spend substantially more to get a similar monitor with an IPS panel...which of course have their own set of issues, glow etc. It is crazy to see threads of users who have spent over £700 on a monitor but have to repeatedly return it to try and get one without glaring flaws.
The tftcentral review of the AOC mentions that max overdrive results in very little ghosting or overshoot, but only when running at 144Hz...I'd imagine this means that it'll need to be set a notch down to account for freesync.

I can't find anywhere that mentions its freesync range, but one of the statutes of Freesync 2 is that the panel supports LFC, which means it'll have to be at least 72-144Hz.
I am not paying attention to the fact the monitor claims to support HDR, as it still doesn't hit 400cdm, has no local dimming, and doesn't output the full DCI-P3 gamut.

There is https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...reesync-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-04m-ao.html too, but it is only 75Hz, but is IPS, so trades potential ghosting for almost guaranteed glow.

I hate monitors tbh, every type of panel has a compromise somewhere!

That IPS monitor might be a better option actually, the Freesync range might not be great though, probably 48-75hz.. Then again if it's below 60fps you've got worse problems to think about then Freesync.

Also who's even got the performance these days to make the most of a 144hz monitor even at 1440p? Not many...

Soldato
Got the Samsung 27" 2560x1440 144hz HDR quantum dot . Good monitor 32" would be nicer but rather have finer ppi means can get away with no as so faster FPS.

I do use Windows scaling as native for desktop is too small, I guess in that reahrad 32" be better if mostly windows use

Back
Top Bottom