3200Mhz Team Dark

Associate
I've got the 2700x 370-F bundle with 16GB 3200Mhz Team dark. works like a champ

I bought another 16GB kit, exactly the same.

The first two sticks run with docp standard @ 3200mhz all day long no problems.
The new ones will only run at 2400mhz, even as a single stick, anything higher and memtest cant even finish with over 13k errors.

OCUK already agreed to RMA the new batch, but have I just been unlucky or am I never likely to get all 4 sticks running at the advertised 3200mhz?

Associate
I can't remember what you have to increase to get 4 sticks stable versus 2. DRAM voltage or SOC voltage. Maybe a bit of both. I have 4 sticks Teamgroup running 3200 stable on Threadripper. I used DRAM calculator to dial it in though.

Associate
OP
I couldn't get past 2400 even with a single stick, ran the calc and dropped in the numbers, no difference.

Put in the same model original sticks back in and without changing anything, same numbers and slot etc and it chews through at 3200 without any issues at all.

Hopeful that its just a dodgy batch and a replacement will hit the mark.

Did you buy all 4 at the same time, got similar batch numbers on them?

Last edited:
Associate
Nah, bought them at different times, but I have a feeling they're in the same batch anyway because it was low grade B-Die that wouldn't have been as popular.

Associate
OP
Got my replacements, managed to get 2933 stable, 3k is out of the question and the SOC is still too high so will need more fiddling.

Sadly couldnt just return all 4 and pay the difference for the 8pack stuff! :(

Back
Top Bottom