34" ultrawide

Associate
Hi,

I am in the market for a 34" ultrawide monitor 1440p.

I currently have an IPS display and I love the viewing angles and the colour production.

I have seen 34" ultrawide IPS panels @ 5ms and 60hZ.

What refresh rate and reponse time would you all recommend for my gaming usage?
Low demand MMORPGS and adventure/RPGs like Fallout 4 and Skyrim?

I will be using a HOF 1080Ti GPU.

Thanks.

Associate
@Glanza I have looked at the ASUS ROG PG348Q, so no more than that ideally.
@Webzta thanks, I know it seems strange but I need a 34" due to set up restrictions

Ah shame.

I would definitely go for a 34" with G-Sync / 100Hz with your card mate, will be lovely.

I was an early adaptor and have an LG34UC97c or something, and whilst I have not experienced anything over 60Hz (as I know it would cost me a new monitor!) I'd definitely be getting one if I was doing it again now.

Soldato
If your looking at getting the ROG get one, I've the Acer / Asus 34" for over a year now and they've both been the best monitors for my requirements. I would look at getting it from elsewhere than OCUK though as it's considerably cheaper.

Soldato
Im in the same boat as the OP. Tbh with the new ones on the horizon (give or take 6 months) im hoping for a substantial price drop. None of this 'This week only 5% off rubbish :D

Associate
OP
Ah shame.

I would definitely go for a 34" with G-Sync / 100Hz with your card mate, will be lovely.

I was an early adaptor and have an LG34UC97c or something, and whilst I have not experienced anything over 60Hz (as I know it would cost me a new monitor!) I'd definitely be getting one if I was doing it again now.

Acer Predator X34a?

Looks good to me.
Thanks guys

Is 100Hz and 4ms acceptable for RPGs like Fallout and Skyrim and non demanding RPGs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I bought the Acer XR342CK that was on offer earlier in the week and it arrived today, been gaming on it since getting home and am absolutely blown away. 5ms response and 75Hz and it's been stunning in all the games I've played, I can't see how this response let alone something quicker wouldn't be more than acceptable for single player games like Fallout and Skyrim!

Soldato
When you overlclock it i only managed to get 95hz, i was dissapointed at first, soon faded once i started to play, the predator is a great monitor, could never go back.

Back
Top Bottom