• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3570k oc + 1080Ti for 4k gaming

Permabanned
but i own this i5 already for like idk ? 5 year ? I dont wanna buy i5 I have i5. Maybe u mean i5 8400 ? Then i guess u right, ice lake will be propably better, ryzen just suck tbh in gaming, so why even bother buying worst cpu for gaming, if i already have better 5years old one ?

Uh, the games themselves suck big time, not utilising properly the resources they have access to...
And this is when playing at 1920 x 1080 and lower.
At 4K, the bottleneck IS NOT the CPU, but the graphics card ! !

And how on Earth do you know the performance of the NOT YET released Ryzen 2000 ? ? :confused:

Associate
OP
Uh, the games themselves suck big time, not utilising properly the resources they have access to...
And this is when playing at 1920 x 1080 and lower.
At 4K, the bottleneck IS NOT the CPU, but the graphics card ! !

And how on Earth do you know the performance of the NOT YET released Ryzen 2000 ? ? :confused:

because this is amd, ryzen 2000 wont be such a huge upgrade, they propably gonna be little better than stock ryzen, or like selected ryzen

Permabanned
because this is amd, ryzen 2000 wont be such a huge upgrade, they propably gonna be little better than stock ryzen, or like selected ryzen

You are not right.
I will repeat it once again - 3840 x 2160 has the ability the equalise the CPU performance between slower and faster CPUs.
You won't get higher framerates than i8700 or Ryzen 7 1700.

Forget it.

Actually go reading more reviews.

Associate
OP
You are not right.
I will repeat it once again - 3840 x 2160 has the ability the equalise the CPU performance between slower and faster CPUs.
You won't get more framerate than i8700 or Ryzen 7 1700.

Forget it.

Actually go reading more reviews.

This is only my opinion, but i dont think ryzen2000 gonna be much better than ryzen. But i will be happy if i gonna be wrong.

I wanna get ice lake because it time to. My i5 is very old, i dont have DDR4 memory, no m.2 slot etc, i think it time to move on.

Associate
ryzen don't suck in gaming lol i have a ryzen 5 1600 with a gtx 1070 amp exs, and i run all games at max settings without a hitch! just played crysis 3 at max without a hitch !

Permabanned
ryzen don't suck in gaming lol i have a ryzen 5 1600 with a gtx 1070 amp exs, and i run all games at max settings without a hitch! just played crysis 3 at max without a hitch !

Of course :)
In games, with Ryzen you will get 60 FPS, while with Intel's CPUs 65 FPS.
While in all other applications, the Ryzen will be quicker.

All depends on their priorities but it's worth it to accept this compromise.

Caporegime
no to the unniformed i have a ryzen system also other intel ones.

i go on proof and facts.there is no point in ryzen at all in gaming alone.as stated and backed up by hundreds of benchmarks.a i5 7600k is as fast in games across the board as the quickest ryzen.never mind anything above that.also in some games its 20/30 fps difference.not 5.

if you do multitasking and gaming or editing its worth considering the ryzens. if purely gaming just buy a intel.

also the newer ryzen will only be slightly quicker anyway.so 8700k for eg will still be faster.

Soldato
no to the unniformed i have a ryzen system also other intel ones.

i go on proof and facts.there is no point in ryzen at all in gaming alone.as stated and backed up by hundreds of benchmarks.a i5 7600k is as fast in games across the board as the quickest ryzen.never mind anything above that.also in some games its 20/30 fps difference.not 5.

if you do multitasking and gaming or editing its worth considering the ryzens. if purely gaming just buy a intel.

also the newer ryzen will only be slightly quicker anyway.so 8700k for eg will still be faster.
I agree if you are only gaming then Coffee Lake is the best, looking at benches that is.

Soldato
Depend of what resolution, if 4k, even old *** like i5 3570k is ok, if FHD, 1440p, than u propably right
Nah I wouldn't say so if you play BF 1 64 player, I get stutter on my 3570k but I still can't bring myself to upgrade until Intel bring in the 8c/16t mainstream stuff with solder (Hopefully).

Soldato
I would say get an 8600k :

1) 6 cores at ~5Ghz, should be good enough not to bottleneck any games for a good few years from now (4c4t is not enough), especially at 4k as the GPU is the main bottleneck at 4k.

2) The z370 motherboards are on PCI-E 3.0, I think that PCI-E will be out of date before the CPU is out of date, maybe 3-5 years we will have a single GPU fast enough to saturate 16x PCI-E and already 1080Ti SLI performs slightly worse at 8x/8x, in 2020 there will be PCI-E 4.0 and 5.0, at this point the PCI express will be more of a bottleneck than a 6 core 8600k or 6C/12T 8700k.

Back
Top Bottom