360 + Monitor = Blurry?!

Soldato
Hey guys don't know if it's just me sat too close to my monitor or what, but I set my 360 up this morning to my monitor (1680x1050 resolution) and I swear the picture is slightly blurry and looks a little washed out! The dashboard is nice and sharp, but I put Black Ops on and it looks aweful! Saying that I haven't touched my console in 8 months as I upgraded to another gaming rig (pc) earlier in the year so might be used to the higher resolutions or it could be the fact instead of being sat accross the room like usual when playing a console I'm about 2-3 feet away from the monitor?!

Any one else experience this when on a monitor instead of a tv?

Associate
You might need to change the reference levels setting to Expanded. That should make the image seem more vibrant and less washed-out.

Soldato
theres a colour setting in the dash that should get rid of the washy-outness, think its either full, limited or enhanced, something like that.
ahhh beaten, yeah thats it.

Last edited:
Soldato
On my previous AOC 24" Full HD monitor I never noticed any blur at all tbh. Currently using a 19" LG Monitor via VGA and not noticing any blur.

Will be picking up a 24" Asus one tomorrow from OcUK, read reviews with people who said they've had it working on their 360 with no issues either. :)

Soldato
Some of the advice in here is ..

Well, needless to say my 360 isn't blurred on my old 22" or 24" screens, neither is it blurry on my 32" 1080p LG, downstairs 50" LG 3d TV or our old 42" Samsung 720p set.

Connected with VGA or HDMI.
So there's probably an issue elsewhere.

Can you change your screens aspect ratio to "just scan" ?

Soldato
What do you actually mean by blurry? Maybe I'm missing it myself?

I haven't messed with aspect ratio or anything on my 24" Asus and the picture seems fine to me, connected via VGA. So should I see if I can change the aspect ration to 'just scan' for a better image?

Cheers

Soldato
All it does is stops pixels stretching. Some screens will stretch any image to fill all available space, leaving it looking .. odd.

Just Scan will give 1:1 pixels and black borders.

Soldato
Hmm but from what I can see on my monitor it looks fine and don't really notice a stretch without messing with the aspect ratio.

Back
Top Bottom