360 'must have' games and other questions....

Associate
Joined
16 Jan 2006
Posts
828
Location
Yorkshire
I'm thinking of getting myself a XBOX 360 premium system today (bit of an impulse buy) just want to know what are the must have games for the 360?

Also If I want to hook it up to my NEC 20WGX2 monitor is there a preferred aditional cable I should buy?

Finally is there still no way to use the wireless controllers with a PC?

Thanks in advance.
 
Soldato
Joined
20 Apr 2004
Posts
4,591
Location
Chepstow
delbuenno said:
I'm thinking of getting myself a XBOX 360 premium system today (bit of an impulse buy) just want to know what are the must have games for the 360?

Also If I want to hook it up to my NEC 20WGX2 monitor is there a preferred aditional cable I should buy?

Finally is there still no way to use the wireless controllers with a PC?

Thanks in advance.

The 360 comes with a Component/Composite cable so you'll be wanting an official VGA cable and a VGA to DVI adapter.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/ With one of these you'll be able to use all the 360 wireless controllers on the PC. It's due out very soon.

Games wise .. can of worms as everyone has their favourites and it depends on what you fancy.

My favourites have been ..

Gears of War, COD2, Kameo, Viva Pinata, Dead Rising, Hitman: Bloodmoney, Test Drive Unlimited, PGR3, Burnout: Revenge, Oblivion, Condemned, COD3, Chromehounds and Prey!

I'd pick up Gears because you have to, Test Drive for some racing, Oblivion if you haven't played it yet and Viva Pinata to keep the mrs happy.

Hope this helps and let us know your gamer tag (which you can set up now on the web)!
 
Soldato
Joined
17 Oct 2002
Posts
18,543
Location
UK
You need to get the official VGA lead to use the 360 with a monitor. (The official lead is the best one you can buy).

You can use the wireless pads with the just-released MS Crossfire wireless receiver. The official drivers are apparently rubbish though, so you need some 3rd party ones (XBCD?)
 

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Joined
9 Dec 2002
Posts
4,374
Location
Peterborough
To be honest, the Offical VGA cable and the Madcatz ones are pretty much the same, apart from the price.


Get Burnout revenge, Gears, Rainbow 6 Vegas & PGR3 to start with...

Oh and download Uno & Zuma, will keep you entertained for days :D
 
Soldato
Joined
21 Oct 2002
Posts
4,678
Location
Oxford
GoW, PGR3 and Oblivion are the must haves. Out today is Crackdown which would also be a good purchase if you want that sort of game, as would GRAW, Viva Pinata, and a few of the Live Arcade titles!

If you tell us a bit more about your thoughts and tastes, we can help more!
 
Soldato
Joined
20 Apr 2004
Posts
4,591
Location
Chepstow
Caustic said:
Out today is Crackdown which would also be a good purchase if you want that sort of game, as would GRAW, Viva Pinata, and a few of the Live Arcade titles!

Played about half an hour this morning and loved it, so yep, this is another one for your list!
 
Soldato
Joined
30 Mar 2004
Posts
9,733
Location
London
dustiestrat said:
all games as mentioned above plus condemned if you want so play in the dark on your own pant messing suspense .

Agreed. Condemned is a great gaming experience and can be picked up for very little.
 

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Joined
9 Dec 2002
Posts
4,374
Location
Peterborough
Bonjour said:
Agreed. Condemned is a great gaming experience and can be picked up for very little.

Got this coming down as a demo, looks good.

Am i the only one though who thinks Crackdown is not very good at all?
 

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Joined
29 Oct 2002
Posts
4,268
Location
South Wales
Rainbow Six : Vegas is essential ;)

PES6 is also very good if your like football games, Test Drive:Unlimited if you like driving games.
 
Back
Top Bottom