360 TV/Monitor

MJ

MJ

Associate
I have a few questions about buyin a new tv/monitor for my 360. At the mo i have a SDTV in my room have a HDTV downstairs but can't be bothered taking it downstairs all the time.

so i need a new tv/monitor, i say monitor because i have heard 15pin d-sub VGA is better than component video. just askin which is better vga or component and any suggestions for a 17-20 monitor/tv.

thnks

Man of Honour
Generally, there's very little difference between the VGA + component. I'd personally go for component over VGA if I had the choice. The VGA is pretty much the same cabling as the component, just it has a slightly different signal to give different resolutions.

I think it really depends on the TV, some people have had better / worse outcomes from the component/VGA.

Permabanned
Personally I'd go the component HDTV route, purely because you can get a nice big (wide)screen to play on. Especially as there is probably little to chose between the two quality wise.

PGR3 on a 18" VGA monitor or PGR3 on a 26"+ widescreen TV (depending on what you can afford).... ;)

Soldato
I would never play my 360 on anything other than a tv and it would have to be through component, i simply couldnt play on it through a 24" monitor. I have tried the vga and component and for me the component was way the better cable. I had the madcatz vga and now have the official component.

Back
Top Bottom