3700x booting at 570Mhz / X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

Soldato
This has been happening more or less since i put this rig together 3 months ago, happens 1 in every 3 boots and it's usually bang on to happen on the first boot of the day.

Any ideas?

Soldato
that looks to be a bios error, no way should a 3700x drop that low on the multiplier, sure if it was reaching thermal limits the cpu would downclock but you still reach a couple of ghz's, may i ask which bios verion you have, also have you updated to the abb version (v1.0.0.3 i think), this is supost to fix most of the boost issues with 3rd gen ryzens.

the latest bios verion for your board is v1201 but i'd update to 1101 which addresses boost clocks on 3rd gen cpu's (AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.3 patch ABBA to improve system performance), then 1105 as that has the updated 1.0.0.4 patch which further improves cpu speeds and support for ram once v1101 and v1105 is installed go ahead and install the latest v1201.

pretty sure after the above is done it should sort out the boost problems, if not could be a cpu issue. On that front are you using the 8pin eps? or the 8pin and 4 pin eps in tandem?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm on the latest bios, always updated as soon as they become available.

Only thing I've changed in the bios is to set the cpu voltage from Auto, not overclocked.

Soldato
Still the same on auto I only set the voltage manually a few weeks ago to try and fix it.

have you tried setting voltages back to auto and manually set a cpu multiplier the all core boost is 3.6ghz so start there head into the bios and find cpu ratio and change from auto to x36 and see what happens, which power plan are you using with in windows and finally is your chipset driver up to date?

Soldato
nice glad to hear its been fine, weird that the power plans could've done this and to that extent to the cpu clocks, i run balanced with my 3900x and the lowest my cpu drops to is 3.5ghz, under gaming it will boost to 4.5ghz ish

Back
Top Bottom