3970x Cooler Question

Associate
Hey guys,

So I am going to order a 3970x on Friday with mobo and memory. I was considering using my other parts still for the build/rebuild, however I just realised that my damn cooler may not be compatible without extra mounting hardware, can anyone deny or confirm this please because the Corsair H115i Platinum with Commander pro and extra fans was not cheap and I really don't fancy changing it!

PDW

PDW

Associate
Searching for Corsair H115i Platinum shows it is compatible with and comes with sTR4 mounting brackets, but I don't know how long it has been on sale for and whether it has always come with those brackets.

Associate
OP
Ok how about the 2666mhz 8 x avexir I have? It doesn't say slower memory won't work... States faster is better but if it boots with 2666mhz that could do me for now.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I only have Avexir in DDR3 format, I can't imagine what you have won't work for you, just slower than optimum.
What do you plan to use the 32c/64t for ?

Associate
OP
I only have Avexir in DDR3 format, I can't imagine what you have won't work for you, just slower than optimum.
What do you plan to use the 32c/64t for ?

Nothing special mate, just want a cpu to last the next 5 years and chose that. Gaming moving upto a much larger monitor quite soon and want something fast for a lot of work I do from home. 3970x looks a very good chip to me. Will change the memory but if I can get away with 2666mhz for now I will do.

Back
Top Bottom