3D Fridays (VR)

Soldato
I've been watching a few videos from Paradise Decay and he regularly does pancake games converted to 3D using ReShade software. These pancake games can be played in 3D in a VR headset in SBS mode or the game videos viewed in 3D in a VR headset using SBS mode. Can also be watched by crossing your eyes.
These videos are also nudging the devs to make the games VR compatible.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wish more games supported 3D in VR, even if played using gamepad. Pity the Nvidia 3D vision driver support is now deprecated as that'd have solved all the issues.

Soldato
OP
I wish more games supported 3D in VR, even if played using gamepad. Pity the Nvidia 3D vision driver support is now deprecated as that'd have solved all the issues.

Unfortunately the last cards supported were the 2xxxx series. ReShade works amazingly well to get pancake games into 3D with very little CPU/GPU overhead.

Soldato
Vorpx, 3D depth. Both do this, both have more than credible use cases. Vorpx works great with 3D isometrics like X-com, and with 3rd person games like Kingdoms of Amalur representing no differently than Tomb Raider does with stereo sbs enabled. 3D depth over reshade, a credible 2nd best VR driving experience with Wreckfest and Grid Legends i find.

Aside from maybe isometrics with Vpx, nothing really beats out a native VR experience that has generally sharper image quality, and is better scaled.

Associate
PD does great great 2d to 3d demonstrations, I would like to experience this stuff but I don't have the patience for setting it up

Associate
Anyone tried getting Ace Combat 7 working in VR?
I bought Ace Combat 7 earlier to try this out on, and also re-bought Virtual Desktop (classic) version to run it with my Reverb G2. Bought VD many years ago but that was on my Rift
In PD's Jedi Survivor setup video he explains how to install and set up Reshade (with SuperDepth3D_VR addon). Once enabled you can use the Depth Map View to adjust the 'Near Plane Adjustment' slider. This shows it's rendering ok into Left and Right eye images.
First time I ran things I enabled Half SBS setting in VD as stated and it seemed to work fine.
Since then if I run VD after Ace Combat, then Ace Combat immediately closes. If I run Ace Combat after VD then VD immediately closes.
Any suggestions please why I can't run both at once? If I simply add Ace Combat 7 as a game within VD it just shows the game running in SBS mode on a large virtual screen (not 3D)

Am going to try The Evil Within 2 in VR next, as almost finished the first one in flatscreen mode.

Soldato
OP
Anyone tried getting Ace Combat 7 working in VR?
I bought Ace Combat 7 earlier to try this out on, and also re-bought Virtual Desktop (classic) version to run it with my Reverb G2. Bought VD many years ago but that was on my Rift
In PD's Jedi Survivor setup video he explains how to install and set up Reshade (with SuperDepth3D_VR addon). Once enabled you can use the Depth Map View to adjust the 'Near Plane Adjustment' slider. This shows it's rendering ok into Left and Right eye images.
First time I ran things I enabled Half SBS setting in VD as stated and it seemed to work fine.
Since then if I run VD after Ace Combat, then Ace Combat immediately closes. If I run Ace Combat after VD then VD immediately closes.
Any suggestions please why I can't run both at once? If I simply add Ace Combat 7 as a game within VD it just shows the game running in SBS mode on a large virtual screen (not 3D)

Am going to try The Evil Within 2 in VR next, as almost finished the first one in flatscreen mode.

Andy, have you tried using bigscreen instead of VD? I believe it has the same functionality as PC VD

Associate
Installed Bigscreen. Wow, not used this for years…it’s changed quite a bit.
Managed to get the game showing on the virtual cinema screen (both left & right eye images) but that’s it

Back
Top Bottom