3D Printed Ghost S1 clone (planning)

Soldato
Absolutely love Loque Ghost S1 case. Pure master class in case design , though it price tag and aim to cater for the upper crust is hard to swallow .
Also noticed few things that won't be solve any time soon, can't take a 280 AIO and damn Coffee runs hot ! If you want to use an air cooler, your forced to go with very low profile and Non K chips unless you Delid .
Also, sucks if you like Zotac Amp Extreme or other long Triple slot flagship cards !
Also I didn't want to go and buy a SFX/-L PSU and the prices of them ...ouch

Spent some free time in work to quickly mock up a CAD render of the clone case, almost accurate for dimensions but need to do cut outs and the spine will be in 3 pieces, not one like the Ghost S1.

280/30mm rads in the top and bottom! 140mm long ATX PSU like Seasonic Focus units! and triple slot GPU clearance I think up to 310mm
Looks like clearance height for 80mm CPU cooler, seems a lot of show box designs were made/designed before coffeelake was on the table

Hopefully over come all the short falls of Shoe Box ITX cases I cant use :D

dIwoZn9.jpg

e0xXfL6.jpg

izsCClv.jpg

0iRkJ2E.jpg

5FwsbcS.jpg

LxqyZtR.jpg

updated cut out top and bottom :)

keSDh9y.jpg

2iE6cAr.jpg

SFX-L Vs ATX PSU

IrdJ79e.jpg

33w7T7x.jpg

IYksAY8.jpg

Got around to actually getting dimension of SFX-L right and ledge for GPU to sit and could PCIe cable, which would be 3D printed as part of the mobo tray .
Friend will be doing the printing and seems the Mobo panel will use 115c heat resistant material, the rest 60c
Think side panels will just be transparent acrylic . He's sent me different joints , did like the idea of the Mobo panel having .T joint at each and and slides into grooves with each end panel but will have to see .
Seems he can print this off cheaper then the damn PCIe cable haha

Again, this is a clone, not original but hopefully meets my end goal - though did explain Bitfurcation to him and damn that's half tempting , if cards aren't triple slot , might just make it ......

Soldato
OP
Reported you to Louqe for possible copyright infringement :D :p ;)

haha, know if im onto a good think if kolink make it ;)

Please keep this thread updated if you go through with the build. Would love to see it.

Tiny cases are always awesome.

hopefully can pull it off, was looking at Aluminum extrusions just to get something made to see the sizing - friend is going a little OTT with the thing. I just want a one off, dont intend to make a thing of cloning someones design- just want to better it for myself :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Don't want to hijack the topic, but your visuals are eye-bleeding! Try Fusion360, it's free for non-professionals. Then you can share views like this dan case I'm working out component fits for:

https://autode.sk/2pwuqwz

Soldato
OP
Don't want to hijack the topic, but your visuals are eye-bleeding! Try Fusion360, it's free for non-professionals. Then you can share views like this dan case I'm working out component fits for:

https://autode.sk/2pwuqwz

yep- having to use auto cad in work when i grab a can of coke at work and want to beat the boss with my desk phone :D

tried using Google sketch but PC is just aweful! have to use chrome and google docs which just eats up 5/8GB of ram right there on a basic 2nd gen i5 :(

just did this to give a rough show- friend doing the design and splicing - will be able to give much better visuals.

hijack away :D

did manage to find and creat some cad models but still- pretty poor with time and effort i can put in

SxWY3ZQ.jpg

jMzc8yX.jpg

YVHpQSe.jpg

just working on True ITX version as well. 140mm AIO at bottom and top. ITX card instead of triple slot full length, SFX PSU mounted parallel to Mobo instead of along side :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I just ripped all the models from GrabCAD for my mockup and imported them. I only drew the SSF PSU but its just a square box.

TBH I didn't even know this case existed. I have the Dan Case on order but now I am thinking of cancelling.

What are the main changes you're making here? (TLDR version I suppose :D)

Man of Honour
don't forget about cable/tube management!
problem with all these novel cases is that their CAD diagrams only show the main components, but cabling takes just as much space!
(and sometimes quite awkward too)

Soldato
OP
http://www.louqe.com/

I might end up getting one, could do a build for Computex and would be given one but would have to see .

thing with this and dan case and others are that it would have been in design state before the extremely hot coffeelake came out and just isn't designed to handle the heat, specially if you've got a chip like mine that does 5.1ghz nicely with 4000hz ram .
Want at least a 280 AIO to cool it down, not a 240 with fans at max speed and being forced to de-lid
also the fact you have to use SFX PSU- have a few expensive ATX PSUs that are small so why cant i use them...
also, they all force users to own dual slot cards. Most gtx 1080Ti and Vega cards are 2.5/3 slot - also im lucky to know of designs for next gen so i want max 3 slot space .

so thats what i've told my 3d printing mate, want a clone that can handle 280 AIO up top and below, based around the Ghost S1 with the ability to house a Zoatc Amp Extreme which I happened to build in his PC :D

Man of Honour
make a case that can hold itx mobo, a dual slot gpu, 280 rad (+/- extra 140 rad), tubing, an alphacool eisbaer pump, intake filters, sfx power supply and a case small enough to use the silverstone short cable kit...
i'll definitely buy it of you :p

Soldato
OP
make a case that can hold itx mobo, a dual slot gpu, 280 rad (+/- extra 140 rad), tubing, an alphacool eisbaer pump, intake filters, sfx power supply and a case small enough to use the silverstone short cable kit...
i'll definitely buy it of you :p

haha, told my friend I just want one , if he wants to go and 3D print more then go for it :D

I did ask Loque if they'd make it in steel... big fat nope! :( i think after kickstarter prices, it'll be an extra £100 on top! ouch!

Caporegime
thing with this and dan case and others are that it would have been in design state before the extremely hot coffeelake came out and just isn't designed to handle the heat, specially if you've got a chip like mine that does 5.1ghz nicely with 4000hz ram .

Have to agree somewhat, makes a tophat for a 240mm AiO kinda necessary! I'm just glad my 8700k is delidded!!!

Soldato
Honestly, why 3D print a case that is made out of sheet material? The design work is already done to laser cut it! Faster, cheaper, better end result... I find it fascinating how the newest rapid prototype method shadows the slightly less recent one. Both have different strengths.

OP get your design sorted so we can cut this badboy out, some of us have access to laser cutters... And postage materials... ;)

Back
Top Bottom