1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D printing

Discussion in 'Tabletop Games, Wargaming and Scale Modelling.' started by Old Man, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Old Man

Wise Guy

So far I have not found anything within this price range that will do this good of a job (not bought it yet, just going by reviews) and I just wanted to ask if anybody knows of anything as good for roughly the same cost?

3D printer used: Anycubic Photon S

The main review I am going with is this one as the reviewer is quite thorough with his review:

ty

2. gradyhawks

Wise Guy

I've the non S version of the AnyCubic. The S just has a double vertical rail which technically means it will stop any jittering that occurs when the nod prints but I've not had an issue with that on my non-S version (on the S has a better touch screen as well).

The only other printer at a similar price (a little cheaper) is the elegoo mars. Pretty much the same thing but build quality on the AnyCubic is better.

The stuff these printers can print is amazing detail wise. I have zero experience and have printed these on mine recently.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Flibster

Caporegime

Recently ordered a Longer3D Orange 10 resin 3d printer. Always wanted resin rather than filament,
    Have MANY plans for board game components. The Captain is Dead ship walls, Catan board, fire, smoke, medkits and hazardous materials for Flash Point Fire Rescue, possibly even boards for Azul.

4. vanpeebles

Soldato

I've not seen a resin printer before, looks perfect for figures and models!

5. Bickaxe

Sgarrista

A friend has one (Photon S) and she gave us some owlbears. Excellent definition on them. I'll try and remember to take a pic if I can find them later.

The missus wants one for Xmas but the budget won't stretch to a Photon S so it will be the Elegoo Mars instead. Looking forward to what she produces (and then paints)

6. Flibster

Caporegime

For the price, the Longer3d seems very good. Resin is more expensive, slower, more complicated with the alcohol baths and UV curing, but the quality is excellent. I'd rather deal with that than all the sanding and priming and sanding of a filament printer. ;)

7. darkblade

Hitman

THe other thing with resin printers is the smell. It's not really something that most would want to run in the house, so you will need a dedicated space especially as they also make a lot of mess due to the gloop that needs to be cleaned off.
    The end result is good though.

8. Aesmon

Associate

Sorry to res this but I have an sla printer I use for work but started to wonder if I could offer resin printing for their minature designs or scenery and came across this in the forums. Would it be useful for anyone? Just seemed better than a new post.