3D Setup help

Associate
Hi, I bought a benq xl2420t yesterday along with the 3D vision 2.0 kit bundle, and it arrived this morning. However, as I was setting it up, I noticed that it didn't have the VESA stereo port required to connect the IR blaster with the monitor, what do I do? (it might be in an obscure place?)

Soldato
You plug the USB emitter into your PC and turn the glasses on and charge them via USB as needed. Nothing else is required. Then just make sure you have the latest drivers and enable 3D in the nVidia control panel and go through the set-up.

Caporegime
there's a disc, but it doesn't appear to have an autorun utility, only a browser-based user guide and an automatic monitor settings adjustment thingy, no sign of drivers

How to install on Windows 7 system
1. Open Display Properties. Go to Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers and right-click the name of your monitor from the menu. Alternatively, right-click the desktop and select Personalize, Display, Devices and Printers, and right-click the name of your monitor from the menu.
2. Select Properties from the menu.
3. Click the Hardware tab.
4. Click Generic PnP Monitor, and then the Properties button.
5. Click the Driver tab and the Update Driver button.
6. Insert the BenQ LCD Monitor CD-ROM into a CD drive on the computer.
7. In the Update Driver Software window, select the option Browse my computer for driver software.
8. Click Browse and navigate to the following directory: d:\BenQ_LCD\Driver\ (where d is the drive letter designator for the CD-ROM drive).
9. Select the correct folder name of your monitor from provided driver list, and click Next. This will copy and install the appropriate monitor driver files to your computer.
10. Click Close.
You may be prompted to restart your computer after the driver update is complete.

Or right click on the monitor in the Device Manager and go from point 4.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gogogo try games in 3D:D, so far i've tried Just Cause 2, Skyrim, BF3, Deus Ex HR, Mass Effect 3, Arkham City and Metro 2033 with all working great except for Mass Effect 3 having aiming issue at max depth but i guess that will be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom