• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3DMark DirectX Raytracing Feature Test & Port Royal Bench Thread.

New world record

Steve at gamers nexus has set a new record in Port Royal

Score has been deleted due to the artifacting bug which pumps up the score as not everything is rendered properly , to be fair to them ( GN ) the hall of fame leader board is awash with these score now with mine doing the same on speedway and getting a crazy high score ( currently 2nd ) , i actually didn't post the score at 1st as look at it as an unrealistic score BUT the problem is just looking at the HOF score board can see many many have done the same and left the score so now its a case of how far can you get your card to artifact and past the test :cry: 3DMark need to come up with a way of recognising when this artifacting is going on and make the score invalid , wipe the hof and start afresh :)

That artefact bug has been around for some time. I remember getting a ridiculous score 2 years ago with a 3090. I think I ran it with the whole screen green under air conditioning.

Last edited:
That artefact bug has been around for some time. I remember getting a ridiculous score 2 years ago with a 3090.
Ah i never experienced it on the 3090 as mine would either lower the score if i pushed to much ( error correcting ) or would have black screen crashed the pc and restarted itself :cry: Not once did i ever see any artifacts of any kind though where as the 4090 if pushing past 1560Mhz it will start to artifact on mine .

Score has been deleted due to the artifacting bug which pumps up the score as not everything is rendered properly , to be fair to them ( GN ) the hall of fame leader board is awash with these score now with mine doing the same on speedway and getting a crazy high score ( currently 2nd ) , i actually didn't post the score at 1st as look at it as an unrealistic score BUT the problem is just looking at the HOF score board can see many many have done the same and left the score so now its a case of how far can you get your card to artifact and past the test :cry: 3DMark need to come up with a way of recognising when this artifacting is going on and make the score invalid , wipe the hof and start afresh :)

Ridiculous to delete it. The reality is that every world record in every benchmark was done on an unstable system

I don't see how they can fix it

Last edited:
Ah i never experienced it on the 3090 as mine would either lower the score if i pushed to much ( error correcting ) or would have black screen crashed the pc and restarted itself :cry: Not once did i ever see any artifacts of any kind though where as the 4090 if pushing past 1560Mhz it will start to artifact on mine .
I never saw artefacts either except that one time when I pushed the memory (I could only do +1000 on the 3090). Maybe air conditioning or extreme cooling has a factor in it. I saw on another forum Ram hates the cold and behaves strangely

Ridiculous to delete it. The reality is that every world record in every benchmark was done on an unstable system

Its effectively doing the same thing as negative LOD Bias which skews everything to get higher frame rates.

I agree its unfair of them to delete it but its not the only one as was another 30k score earlier in the week that got deleted so they are looking as can seen in their reply below ( taken from another website ) . They need to do something about it though but what im not exactly sure ... for now they are doing it manually :cry:

download.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom