3rd ever custom loop, first SFF build, DAN A4-H2O

Associate
Don't have a name for it and parts been sitting here for a month to get built but was missing some fittings that were out of stock still waiting on custom shorter cabling, took some time deciding on the cpu to pair with the 3090 settled on the 5600x which doesn't starve the gpu of FPS but being a 65w part keeps the overall heat in the loop down not by much due to the 3090 kicking out near 400w alone. Here it is.

q7fKOtt.jpg

5600x
3090 FE
Asus ROG X570-I
16GB DDR4 3200
Corsair SF750

And the other bits in the photo, some of the boxes are as big as the case. Build as it stands now need to swap some stuff and install custom cables.

AhjvkCR.jpg

Hc6alOw.jpg

QqV1s1Y.jpg

lgE9sAe.jpg

Temps are not that bad I guess don't really have a frame of reference, gaming for 6 hours Cyberpunk 2077 4k ultra RTX on DLSS off CPU 75c gpu 61c (gpu memory vram 75c) these are with ambient temp of 25c.

Even with a sandwich layout it is quite easy to build in with most of the hardline pipes in between the hardware that is the trickiest part and power supply has to be last. With such a tight fit I was expecting airflow to be restricted but you can actually feel the air flow with cool air being sucked in on both sides and the hot air being exhausted out the top.

Got another build in the works 12900k in a o11 EVO which was supposed to be my third custom loop build but again due to items out of stock its sitting as bench setup for now. Also changed my mind on some parts hence this SFF build.

Last edited:
Associate
Great build. Did you go with a D5 or a DDC with the FLT80? Are the radiator fans configured in exhaust?

Associate
OP
Bit of update due to having a monoblock and the x570 Chipset running very very hot and also now under the same block water temps were getting on the high side sitting at 50c.

First with the ddc also dumping heat into the loop I've put a ek heatsink on it which borderline fits, we'll actually no so it's putting a bit of flex pcie connecter but should be OK.

Second undervolting the gpu at .800v 1850mhz, cpu undervolt -offset .125 getting temps of gpu 55c cpu 69c and water 44c, ambient 25c.

Also fitted a couple of custom cables pcie power connecter is shorter and gets rid of the nvida adaptor also the sata power connecter that comes stock just chopped off the other 3 sata plugs making it about 4cm total help with the cable mess.

Associate
that looks lovely mate, that purple really pops!
I'm loving the form factor...

The first picture with all those boxes of parts stacked up is very niiiioce!

That's got me properly excited for when I pull the plug and get my new setup leading up to Christmas when hopefully the next gen is finally out after patiently waiting a long time and all this year on top against my better nature haha!

Associate
OP
Few changes made detailed below may still change out mobo and cpu for a 12gen intel setup.

Lower cable management or lack of was stopping air from coming in via the bottom vents so tided that up a little, still most of the air flow is coming in via the side panels.

kr10mW6.jpg

Flex on the riser due to the way I mounted the gpu to the res/pump was not good and was causing inconsistent pcie link speeds so now connected them with a offset fitting which also allowed me to re-install the ddc heatsink.

aET9eUa.jpg

vfLopLc.jpg

I really liked the look of the Dominator ram modules with the silver top bars tied in nice with the gpu block but wanted faster speed memory which was impossible to find so have now swapped to 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 modules but not sure if I like it?

m6glHrW.jpg

eo5qulq.jpg

Associate
Few changes made detailed below may still change out mobo and cpu for a 12gen intel setup.

Lower cable management or lack of was stopping air from coming in via the bottom vents so tided that up a little, still most of the air flow is coming in via the side panels.

kr10mW6.jpg

Flex on the riser due to the way I mounted the gpu to the res/pump was not good and was causing inconsistent pcie link speeds so now connected them with a offset fitting which also allowed me to re-install the ddc heatsink.

aET9eUa.jpg

vfLopLc.jpg

I really liked the look of the Dominator ram modules with the silver top bars tied in nice with the gpu block but wanted faster speed memory which was impossible to find so have now swapped to 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 modules but not sure if I like it?

m6glHrW.jpg

eo5qulq.jpg

Hello, I'm looking to do something similar to your build. How did you mount the FLT 80?

Associate
OP
Hello, I'm looking to do something similar to your build. How did you mount the FLT 80?

Its resting on a rubber block, you can sort of see under the flt80 and it has velcro attaching it to the case near the black plastic part, even without those two spots it holds it self in place due to the fittings and its solid (fittings used rather then a tube) connection to the GPU.

Associate
OP
this type of a build normally ends up with an external rad, well done keeping it all inside.
is it quiet under gaming loads?

Yes to an extent, fans get upto 1800rpm on gaming load fans ramp up based on water temps to keep it below 48c but doesnt ramp up till it hits 42c (this is with room at 27-28c). With ambient temps at near 20c it can keep water temp at 45c with 1500rpm.

I wouldnt say the setup is silent but the 3090FE was much louder on air within the H2O and memory temps would hit over 100c, even at 1800rpm watercooled you cant really hear the fans with game sound on via speakers or headphones.

Soldato
its a very nice looking setup. 48c on the water is very low too so you have some head room to play with.
id love to go back itx but i cant deal with the noise of an air cooled one

Soldato
seeing this and the many competed builds has spured me on to take on the challenge.

will be uisng my 7950x, 7900xtx mba, ssd's and noctua 120mm pcc fans from my current build. have ordered the following hope to be up and running by next weekend, cpu block and fittings from ek, rest from ocuk

1) EK quantum velocity ddc 4.2 pwn am5 nickel plexi
2) EK-Quantum Torque 6-Pack STC 10/16 - Black
3) Dan a4 h20 itx case
4) Aphacool nexXos HPE-30 240mm rad
5) Asus rog stix b650e-i wifi
6) EK quantum torque micro 90 rotary fittings
7) Lian Li sp 850w sfx psu
8) Mayhems x1 uv red coolant
9) 2 way argb slitter cable

spare 10/16mm zmt tubing i have

put my 7950x into eco mode last few days, can maintain almost same boost clocks but at 90w and much lower temps, the rad will act as the reservoir for filling thanks to the multi port design, had to go the cpu/pump combo route due to length of gpu. should be effective never the less.

Back
Top Bottom