3x pc 3x prices which is better?

Permabanned
Corsair Graphite 600T Midi Tower Case in Silver
Intel Core i5 3570K Processor Overclocked to up to 4.7GHz
Noctua NH-D14 Ultimate Performance Quiet CPU Cooler
Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
8GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 4GB sticks)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048MB Graphics Card
240GB Corsair Force 3 Solid State Drive
2000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps
LG Blu-Ray ROM / DVD-RW Combi Drive (Blu-ray playback software supplied for Windows 7 only)
Corsair CX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified PSU

£1050

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/viewcart.php

(i dunno how to work the link basket :|)

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Motherboard
Intel i5 3570k Processor - Overclocked to 4.7GHz
Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Edition Graphics Card
Memory Corsair 8GB CML8GX3M2A1600C9 - Overclocked
1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 60GB SATA 6Gb/s Internal SSD Drive
Watercooling EK-KIT H3O - Supreme LT 240 EN
22x Dual Layer DVD-RW
Aerocool X-Predator White Case
Corsair 750w CMPSU-800GUK Power Supplu Unit

£1027

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
This is what im thinking, ive upgraded the RAM on it to faster, but im not sure about the 670?

I need pick soon so i get it before xmas :D

Anyone else have an opinion? Any tweaks ?

Permabanned
OP
Im trying to move the 670 to a 7950 this should free up £100 or so.

Do you have any recommendations on a case? The one ive picked looks great and is cool but its not the quietest case.

Yeah the SSD is great ill be to fit everygame i play on that along with my OS. the 2TB will be used as storage only i suppose :\

I wonder if keeping my old 3gbs HDD would save me a lot? Its a 1 TB.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Buying it prebuilt, to buy bit for bit it costs way more lol.

Who told you that? :eek:
My build costed me 640 quid the spec are in my signature, with 7950 3gb which I send back as the card was faulty - overheating...
Gigabyte or HIS iceq x2 would be my 2nd choice! :cool:

Anyway building a PC is fun and you can learn more about components...

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Ok well build this for cheaper?

Corsair Graphite 600T Midi Tower Case in Silver
Intel Core i5 3570K Processor Overclocked to up to 4.7GHz
Noctua NH-D14 Ultimate Performance Quiet CPU Cooler
Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
8GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 4GB sticks)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048MB Graphics Card
240GB Corsair Force 3 Solid State Drive
2000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps
LG Blu-Ray ROM / DVD-RW Combi Drive (Blu-ray playback software supplied for Windows 7 only)
Corsair CX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified PSU

Permabanned
OP
Not a hope in hell of building that cheaper :\

£350 CPU bundle cheapest.

£170 SSD

£100 HDD

£320 GPU

£150 Case

£80 PSU

Blueray £20

And thats without the good motherboard and good heatsink, so yeah its impossable to beat bit by bit.

PLus 2 years collect and return warranty.

Permabanned
OP
The guy told me he makes very little on each system sold.

Well if you add it up and check, i dunno how they make money really, they are a big company though.

OCUK charge £130 for this, while the other company do it for free, overall its nearly £350 cheaper to not shop with OCUK! Im trying to stay with OCUK but they are really making it hard for me.

I like OCUK the staff are some of the best people ive done business with lol, but the prices need to come down specially when ordering a full pc! I know they need paid but surely building a full system doesnt take £130 to do? It takes like 30 mins if that to setup, and maybe a day to stress test. They do 100s if not 1000s a year so they will use the same settings and if it passes its good to go. The most time consuming part is all the cable management and with the new cases its really simple! Dont say CPU overclocking is hard you set it on a burn then walk away check back later see if its ok, its like being paid to sit around i cant see how £130 is fair tbh!! Specially if you buy an OCUK OC bundle and its all done for free lol??? I asked this when i was ordering. I said well ill amend a bundle with the board and heatsink and go that way to by pass the £130 charge and thet stick it all together myself, but never heard anything back yet.

How do you get far better value when doing it yourself? So losing £350+ is better value?

I really dunno how the other place is so cheap but my last PC was from there and its last 4 years without struggling, until this year really.

I would build it myself but its cheaper not to :p You know im not that wealthy i barely bring in £500 week so yeah its a pretty big saving for me. Ill link the full system tomoz, i dunno if im keeping that case i may get the HAF X :p

Id like to know about the HAF X, i know its not the nicest looking thing but sound levels and space are good?

Im coming from a Cosmos S so i doubt ill be happy with any other case really, the new Cosmos is £300 alone lol!!! And its supposed to be twice the size of the Cosmos S!! Wow!

Last edited:
Soldato
The case is massive. :) How it looks is subjective.

And you can 100% definitely get a cheaper comparative or even better build by doing it yourself. You're paying for the labour and the 2 year no fuss collect and return warranty somewhere in the final price. As I say, they're a business so they aren't doing it altruistically.

By comparing part for part you're probably looking at prices which are set to make a pre built look like good value for money and to be fair OcUKs are pretty decent. But if you look outside those specific parts I guarantee I can build you a machine for cheaper money. You're paying a price for them to do it at some point.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
No because there is no parts that are cheaper and better LOL! You could save money on a different SSD but the one i picked is pretty quick.

All these parts are the cheapest for that kind or so.

I just did my build on the price checker and your right i can build it around the same cost as the shop, but not cheaper. And the 2 years collect return, shop OC and not having parts from each end of England is worth it imo.

I think they are really competitive and even if it was £50 more id still go with it just for all the hassle freeness, buying parts from everywhere also comes with postage fees.

I think im starting to be happy with my PC, specially since im swapping out the 670 for a 7970.

Whats wrong with the ASUS 7970? the Direct CU2 standard one.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
No because there is no parts that are cheaper and better LOL! You could save money on a different SSD but the one i picked is pretty quick.

All these parts are the cheapest for that kind or so.

I just did my build on the price checker and your right i can build it around the same cost as the shop, but not cheaper. And the 2 years collect return, shop OC and not having parts from each end of England is worth it imo.

I think they are really competitive and even if it was £50 more id still go with it just for all the hassle freeness, buying parts from everywhere also comes with postage fees.

I think im starting to be happy with my PC, specially since im swapping out the 670 for a 7970.

Whats wrong with the ASUS 7970? the Direct CU2 standard one.

You can have better components for less, when I get back home will make a basket so you can see. I wouldn't trust anyone building me a PC when I do it at least, I know what I mack up :D

Back
Top Bottom