4 Bln Views Despacito Record Breaking for Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Australia seems to be a bit too far in the east to get the most popular song right now :D

There isn't such a song. You mean Los Del Rio's Macarena?
But Kaoma's Lambada is millions times better than Macarena and the ketchup song.

Actuallly, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee's feat is so significant, that it is entirely possible that no another song will ever get the views count of Despacito.
The distant second in YouTube is only slightly above the 3.15 bln mark, while the sad third can't even reach the 3 bln mark.

Kill joy

Permabanned
OP
Music with capital letter "M".

Do you remember or have you ever noticed that MTV, the so called "Music Television", deleted MUSIC TELEVISION from its logo!? And began airing stupid reality programmes instead of great music?

Permabanned
OP
Even though I accept Despacito as one of the greatest songs, I still can't believe it's actually happening. A real miracle in the music industry.
Its growth is so exponential, that's unreal :eek:
Right now, 1 billion views more than the second place:

Soldato
I'm sure no one is hiring botnets to farm viewcount on youtube as just another way to buy publicity.

That would be totally wrong and immoral and exactly what I would spend advertising budget on because people are easily manipulated.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Christ, this thread is depressing.

The grammar of the title made my brain hurt and the OP has such a rod on for some cheesy Spanish pop song that you could probably witness it from space.

Houston, we have a problem.

Permabanned
OP
Christ, this thread is depressing.

The grammar of the title made my brain hurt and the OP has such a rod on for some cheesy Spanish pop song that you could probably witness it from space.

Houston, we have a problem.

"Some cheesy Spanish song" is a very significant downgrade for otherwise a perfect song, an absolute masterpiece and one of the greatest of all time.

The Latest: 'Despacito' takes home 4 Latin Grammy Awards http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...te-despacito-remix-win-latin-grammys-51208694

Record-Breaking 'Despacito' Wins 2 Awards at the AMAs http://people.com/chica/american-music-awards-2017-despacito-wins/

Awards for the Song continue to income ;)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I don’t judge songs by awards or YouTube plays :confused:

You’re really only saying I like this song because it’s popular... don’t get me wrong, that is your right, but calling it perfect? the greatest of all time? Good luck with that. See you in 10 years when the world is still talking about it, shall we. Oh that’s right, they won’t.

I’ll just assume you are on the wind up.

Permabanned
OP
I am so excited about it because it is one of a kind in the modern mainstream music industry. I think I have already said it earlier somewhere in the thread. The modern music industry doesn't produce quality music. In comparison with the 80s and 90s.
That's why we must appreciate it while it is here.

Soldato
I'm not really on board with the excitement about it, sounds incredibly standard to me.

When I mentioned the view number being "bought" it was only half a joke.

Here's the other half: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXvzhYnlTU0

You pay money and in a poorly developed country people will boost your video viewcount with a click farm.

Or do you actually think 4 billion views happened.

The other thing is you're coming across as someone pimping the video to get more views...

Soldato
"Some cheesy Spanish song" is a very significant downgrade for otherwise a perfect song, an absolute masterpiece and one of the greatest of all time.

The Latest: 'Despacito' takes home 4 Latin Grammy Awards http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...te-despacito-remix-win-latin-grammys-51208694

Record-Breaking 'Despacito' Wins 2 Awards at the AMAs http://people.com/chica/american-music-awards-2017-despacito-wins/

Awards for the Song continue to income ;)

One of the greatest of all time? Honestly what are you talking about? :p

Permabanned
OP
'Despacito' might make Grammys history

Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s “Despacito,” which got a lift from Justin Bieber for an infectious — and chart-topping — remix, has already enjoyed a banner 2017. Now, it’s looking at an epic 2018: On Tuesday morning, the song received plenty of attention from the Record Academy as they rolled out their 60th annual Grammy nominations.

The jam is a contender in three brackets: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Record of the Year, which awards the performer and performance, and Song of the Year, which awards the scribes behind a cut. Should it take home that last golden gramophone, “Despacito” would become the first Spanish-song to ever do so.

When EW spoke to the Puerto Rican singer earlier this year, he spoke about the profoundness of its primary language succeeding with the mainstream. “It’s amazing,” he said, “especially given the times that we’re living in. It feels like we’re in a divided world with politics, [but] when you hear ‘Despacito’ and you see someone who doesn’t speak Spanish trying to get the words right…it shows the power of music. We’re coming together.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom