£400 for a WS TFT help !! need quick answer

Soldato
I have a budget of £400 for a new TFT ,i'm torn between the NEC LCD20WGX2 20.1 or the Dell Ultrasharp 2007WFP

Can't make up my mind :confused: Used mostly for gaming & movies

Any idea's guys,read through loads of threads,but no further forward & i would like to order today

HELP!!! :D

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited:
Associate
How about the Samsung 215TW, it's an inch bigger and gets some excellent reviews. But if it's just between those 2, I'd go for the NEC.

Bry

Bry

Associate
the dell should be better for movies in the long run as it has HDCP support for HD/BlueRay movies however, this may not actually be fully used for a few years

Soldato
Never looked at the samsung mate,i'll go & confuse myself even more now :p

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

don't usually have this much of a problem when orderering stuff

Rob

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the LCD20WGX2 and I have no complaints, its an awesome screen. However some have said that movie playback can be a little noisey. Having had the monitor for a few months I can say that it doesn't bother me as the benefits far outweigh the downside. You won't be sorry if you get this.

I'm at home today so I can post screenshots of anything you might want to check out before buying. I posted some in another [post=7924804]thread[/post] a few days ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers Shine,i've already looked through your thread mate ;) I honestly am having a nightmare choosing here :o

Don't want to make a mistake

Rob

Last edited:
Soldato
I went through the same process when I was getting mine so I know what you're going through. In the end I worked out what was important to me and then looked at which of the 2 monitors could deliver that to me. I settled on the NEC because I do some photo work and the colour reproduction is just that much better IMHO.

Soldato
A good choice - and if you bought it from the OC then you get a 4 years on site warranty which is a nice bonus. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Associate
shine said:
A good choice - and if you bought it from the OC then you get a 4 years on site warranty which is a nice bonus. Hope you enjoy it. :)
Yeah, good choice until Dell start to play the panel lottery game. There are some unconfirmed reports that Dell switched to S-PVA panel on 2007WFP. It's similar situation as with the 2007FP. You have more info on tftcentral.