£400 for a WS TFT help !! need quick answer

Soldato
I have a budget of £400 for a new TFT ,i'm torn between the NEC LCD20WGX2 20.1 or the Dell Ultrasharp 2007WFP

Can't make up my mind :confused: Used mostly for gaming & movies

Any idea's guys,read through loads of threads,but no further forward & i would like to order today

HELP!!! :D

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited:

Bry

Bry

Associate
the dell should be better for movies in the long run as it has HDCP support for HD/BlueRay movies however, this may not actually be fully used for a few years

Soldato
OP
Never looked at the samsung mate,i'll go & confuse myself even more now :p

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

don't usually have this much of a problem when orderering stuff

Rob

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the LCD20WGX2 and I have no complaints, its an awesome screen. However some have said that movie playback can be a little noisey. Having had the monitor for a few months I can say that it doesn't bother me as the benefits far outweigh the downside. You won't be sorry if you get this.

I'm at home today so I can post screenshots of anything you might want to check out before buying. I posted some in another [post=7924804]thread[/post] a few days ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers Shine,i've already looked through your thread mate ;) I honestly am having a nightmare choosing here :o

Don't want to make a mistake

Rob

Last edited:
Soldato
I went through the same process when I was getting mine so I know what you're going through. In the end I worked out what was important to me and then looked at which of the 2 monitors could deliver that to me. I settled on the NEC because I do some photo work and the colour reproduction is just that much better IMHO.

Soldato
A good choice - and if you bought it from the OC then you get a 4 years on site warranty which is a nice bonus. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Associate
shine said:
A good choice - and if you bought it from the OC then you get a 4 years on site warranty which is a nice bonus. Hope you enjoy it. :)
Yeah, good choice until Dell start to play the panel lottery game. There are some unconfirmed reports that Dell switched to S-PVA panel on 2007WFP. It's similar situation as with the 2007FP. You have more info on tftcentral.

Back
Top Bottom