£400 per month to invest - Where?

Soldato
First of all, the question I'm asking would obviously be hypothetical and professional advice would indeed be sought over a monetary matter such as this (in before the 'don't ask this on an internet forum, seek pro advice' comments :p ).

I may be in the position in the next few months where I have a spare £400 per month to invest. What do folk recommend for a medium to long term (10-20 years) investment for a monthly amount such as this?. Just putting the fellers out, like. :cool:

Soldato
OP
Got one of each (car and house) already, ta. :)

*EDIT* Actually a BTL appears to be a bit of a risk as does commercial property. Then there's the fact that you would require a 25% deposit to go down that route anyway.

So, ISA's and saver accounts then?.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Overpay your mortgage and get rid of it early?

Yeah, this is something we were considering.

I realise that in the grand scheme of things £400 isn't a huge amount per month to play with as far as investing goes, what sort of return in the shape of ISA's would one expect at current rates for this monthly amount, anyone have any idea?. Ball park?.

Soldato
Yeah, this is something we were considering.

I realise that in the grand scheme of things £400 isn't a huge amount per month to play with as far as investing goes, what sort of return in the shape of ISA's would one expect at current rates for this monthly amount, anyone have any idea?. Ball park?.

An ISA probably won't give any gains over the interest rate on your mortgage, pay the latter off first.

Don
Clearing off your mortgage would be a far better idea, returns in ISAs etc are unlikely to make you a massive profit vs. the interest costs on your mortgage.

Soldato
i would put it into the make me richer savings scheme,

20% interest terms and conditions apply*

in order to open the account please send your credit card details to Nigerian Prince Investments, 1 Falicey Square, Nigeria, C0N-UM.

*withdrawal requests must be in writing please allow 1000years for payment to arrive

Soldato
Mortgage, don't how big a one you've got (mortgage) but you could shave many many years off it, imagine having a mortgage free house at 40 or whatever. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom