• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4070 Super extra plug??

Soldato
So on a 4070S that i have there is what looks like a laptop type power plug on the back.. there is ever a cut out in the heatsink so you can get to plug something in...
i can find anything that refers to it on Techpowerup there is a PCB photo and its there plain as day

what's it for...

GPU is a GIGABYTE RTX 4070 SUPER AORUS Master

Associate
So on a 4070S that i have there is what looks like a laptop type power plug on the back.. there is ever a cut out in the heatsink so you can get to plug something in...
i can find anything that refers to it on Techpowerup there is a PCB photo and its there plain as day

what's it for...

GPU is a GIGABYTE RTX 4070 SUPER AORUS Master
Maybe just used in the test and verification stages of the board's production?

Man of Honour
From page 3 of the Techpowerup review it states:-

This round connector on the back can be used to supply power to the graphics card's RGB illumination, so that it works when the system is powered off or the card is not installed.

Quite why you would want to do that I don't know but there you go.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There we go then..
I hoped it was a OC socket like you used to get on old cards.
This 4070s as a 350w limit and even at 3150 on the clock and plus 1300 on the memory it only pulls 290w

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom