• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4070TI Hotspot temperature

Associate
Started worrying about my 4070Ti Asus Tuf OC hotspot temp.
Ran a Superposition bench, and plotted the GPU temp, hotspot temp and the delta between them.

Does this look normal? Thanks!

Sorry to necro this thread, but I need some reassurance, because it's driving me crazy.

Cyberpunk, full RT: 71 core, 86 hotspot (delta 15)
Avatar, full blast: 77 core, 95 hotspot (delta 18)

In both cases the indicated load is 100%, but some games make the card run hotter than others, even than synthetic benches.
At no point does the thermal limit sign go off, and except for louder fans (80%) at 77, performance is okay.

Is this still within reason? I'm a bit of a klutz and I don't want to open my card.

Last edited:
With an undervolt (2745 mhz at 1000 mv, not sure if that's aggressive or not) I can get them down, but I don't want to deal with instability etc

What does it do on stock? My OP was all with stock settings and curves.

OK just for you and since I have half hour to kill I re-ran superposition at stock (4k optimised) and undervolted. Ambient room temp 26 degrees.

Here are my results:

Undervolted
Score 15961
FPS min 76 average 117 max 144
Temp min 43 max 67
HWINFO reports 73 degrees hotspot with 172watts used max

Stock
Score 15579
FPS min 76 average 116 max 146
Temp min 41 max 76
HWINFO reports 91 degrees hotspot with 280watts used max.

Conclusion - running at stock uses 63% more electricity, runs 25% hotter and produces a 2.5% worse benchmark score, with essentially the same FPS

By the way you owe me a fiver for the extra 108 watts the card used for running that test :cry:

Last edited:
Depending on the task/game the delta will be higher.
Specially if RT is used. Tried some benchmarks and the usual 10-15C during normal games is okay. But if I run a benchmark heavy on RT, the delta can be more than 20C. Other benchmarks without RT or little of it, same as normal gaming.

OK just for you and since I have half hour to kill I re-ran superposition at stock (4k optimised) and undervolted. Ambient room temp 26 degrees.

Here are my results:

Undervolted
Score 15961
FPS min 76 average 117 max 144
Temp min 43 max 67
HWINFO reports 73 degrees hotspot with 172watts used max

Stock
Score 15579
FPS min 76 average 116 max 146
Temp min 41 max 76
HWINFO reports 91 degrees hotspot with 280watts used max.

Conclusion - running at stock uses 63% more electricity, runs 25% hotter and produces a 2.5% worse benchmark score, with essentially the same FPS

By the way you owe me a fiver for the extra 108 watts the card used for running that test :cry:

Not intentionally being obnoxious here, i just find this a little amusing....

96% of your stock performance, 94% of you OC performance. £450.

VS, what were these? about £800... :cry:

Overclocked of course.

9cLgD4r.png

Not intentionally being obnoxious here, i just find this a little amusing....

96% of your stock performance, 94% of you OC performance. £450.

VS, what were these? about £800... :cry:

Overclocked of course.

9cLgD4r.png

Superposition is a 7 year old benchmark. Run Breaking Limit https://www.gpuscore.com/benchmarks/gpuscore/breaking-limit/ and come back to me.

Back
Top Bottom