43" TV needed for bedroom, advice?

Soldato
Hi

I am in the market for a 43" in the bedroom (!) I can't go any bigger

I feel like all the £200-500 range of TVs, hisense, TCL etc are all going to be roughly the same performance, and £900 would get me an LG OLED and there's not much in terms of an "in between " option.

Am I right? Happy to be proved wrong.

Here's my options: LG C4 £868 Vs Philips ambilight 480OLED808 £700 Vs sharp non oled £200

Last edited:
How often are you going to be using it? What kind of content. I've always just gone for a budget TV in the bedroom as it doesn't get used very often. Hisense and TCL make a decent TV these days.

You could also consider a projector, although the set-up might be a bit fiddly, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to make live TV work.

Other than that, an LG OLED is the one to beat, but whether you want to pay for the quality is up to you. I'm sure that there would be many non-OLED TVs that are almost as good. Good brands are LG, Panasonic and Samsung.

Hi

I feel like all the £200-500 range of TVs, hisense, TCL etc are all going to be roughly the same performance, and £900 would get me an LG OLED and there's not much in terms of an "in between " option.

Here's my options: LG C4 £868 Vs Philips ambilight 480OLED808 £700 Vs sharp non oled £200
Phillips TVs aren't made by Phillips and the Sharp has been a brand name stuck onto Chinese tat for decades.

Go cheap but at least stay in a reputable brand like LG or Samsung.

I have an LG OLED in my living room and it is amazing, for the bedroom I don't think id spend that sort of money on it though, I'd probably get a hisense or something. They seem to have a decent spec and look fairly good.

Although I will just put my current LG in the bedroom when I move and get a new one for the living room!

My 43" Panasonic 4k with HDR and Dolby Atmos (lol) cost me £220 from ebay, brand new and is fine for the bedroom use it gets, I was a little limited in my choices as I needed one with a central stand and most seem to have legs on each edge instead nowadays.

I'm actually using a 43" Philips 436M6 in that application (albeit that model is a large monitor rather than TV) - I've kind of leaned towards Philips lately for middle of the road TVs as they seem to have a good balance of build quality, image quality, features and price.

I bought a fire tv for our bedroom and really impressed with it.

The menu is the usual fire stick menu with links to Netflix and prime etc which makes up the majority of what we watch.

For the money it’s spot on

All I can say is me, the wife and my two daughters all have Hisense and we're very happy.
I know we had a model up (£100 more at the time) than the basic one because I think it had Dolby Vision not sound (?).
That model with Freely sounds more future proofed.

Last edited:
PT VIP price:

£539.10

Hi

I really wish i never bought the cheap 43" samsung TV for one the bedrooms in the house due to it crappy VA viewing angles
I wish i paid out the extra for an OLED

( I didn't want a IPS panel due felt like the IPS glow would be far worst in a dark bedroom)

Last edited:
Alternatively, you could get a meta quest 3 VR headset and watch all of your TV on a screen as big as you want to make it, at any orientation even lying flat on your back. Most of the TV apps are available for the quest and you can also stream media from a PC if needs be.

Alternatively, you could get a meta quest 3 VR headset and watch all of your TV on a screen as big as you want to make it, at any orientation even lying flat on your back. Most of the TV apps are available for the quest and you can also stream media from a PC if needs be.

Maybe ok if a quest 3 was far more comfortable, But there no way i could spent hours wearing a quest 3
Also totally useless for if there anyone else in the room.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom