43" TV needed for bedroom, advice?

I really wish i never bought the cheap 43" samsung TV for one the bedrooms in the house due to it crappy VA viewing angles
I wish i paid out the extra for an OLED

( I didn't want a IPS panel due felt like the IPS glow would be far worst in a dark bedroom)

Maybe different on the cheaper panels but I've a couple of Philips MVA w/ QD backlighting which are fine for the normal viewing angles of a couple of people - sure at wider angles they do suffer a bit. I know on cheaper VA monitors it can be an issue but I've not much experience personally of cheaper VAs.

I'm a bit on the fence on this as they have a brightness and light reproduction which OLED doesn't have, which really makes stuff come to life in a way even OLED doesn't, and make even SDR content look quite convincingly HDR like, but they do suffer in other areas vs OLED.

Last edited:
Maybe different on the cheaper panels but I've a couple of Philips MVA w/ QD backlighting which are fine for the normal viewing angles of a couple of people - sure at wider angles they do suffer a bit. I know on cheaper VA monitors it can be an issue but I've not much experience personally of cheaper VAs.

I'm a bit on the fence on this as they have a brightness and light reproduction which OLED doesn't have, which really makes stuff come to life in a way even OLED doesn't, and make even SDR content look quite convincingly HDR like, but they do suffer in other areas vs OLED.

Here a picture of the room it in, If sitting or laying in front of it on the bed the picture great, But i was looking at getting a bean bag/chair or something to go on the righthand side for when she has friends round
But it could just be me being far to fussy as am so used to OLED after owning them for 6 years, As she (16 year old) over the moon with it

I say it amazing TV for the price i paid, But it not the TV for the viewing angles i need in this setup

It a Samsung 43" 7100 https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhd-...-j2rd4V4sX4Zqlm9Z8fQLGfwzgDhYV-OAnWdtS2ZgitEb

QlsFJsw.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m going to show this post to the wife

A lot of how much to spend will be down to how much you think the TV will get used

These days i don't use my bedroom TV that much as i never seem to have the spare time :(
But 15 to 20 years ago when i was in my 30's me and the girlfriend would spend hours in bed almost every day watching movies & TV

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat choosing a TV for my 16yr old daughter's room
I have my OLED and like nice things, where as she isn't fussed at all and will probably play Roblox on her phone more than use the TV :mad:

It's hard to look at cheap TVs which advertise HDR even though their peak brightness is around 300nits and then consider paying money for it :confused:

I have my OLED and like nice things, where as she isn't fussed at all and will probably play Roblox on her phone more than use the TV :mad:

It's hard to look at cheap TVs which advertise HDR even though their peak brightness is around 300nits and then consider paying money for it :confused:

The worrying thing about buying an OLED TV for a teenage girl is their not going to worry at all about leaving something on the screen for hours each day that could cause screen burn..

Last edited:

Marketplace (y)

The worrying thing about buying an OLED TV for a teenage girl is their not going to worry at all about leaving something on the screen for hours each day that could cause screen burn..
Oh I'm definitely not getting her an OLED lol :D

I just struggle handing over money for something that advertises all the key words people wanna hear when offering it in such a poor way that they shouldn't be allowed to mention it.
HDR and DV for example on a TV which maxes out at 250nits :rolleyes:

Oh I'm definitely not getting her an OLED lol :D

I just struggle handing over money for something that advertises all the key words people wanna hear when offering it in such a poor way that they shouldn't be allowed to mention it.
HDR and DV for example on a TV which maxes out at 250nits :rolleyes:
I’d go for size over picture quality for a kid

Back
Top Bottom