• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4670k vs 4770k - Real world

Associate
Im looking at buying one or other. Will be high quality air cooling and overclocking. Are 4770k just cherry 4670k's? I could be lucky and get a 4670k that clocks better?

Cheers

Sheldon

RJC

RJC

Don
The 4770k cpu's have hyperthreading so effectively you have 4 cores / 8 threads, with the 4670k you have 4 cores / 4 threads.

What will you be using the pc for?

I went with the 4770k in the end.

Caporegime
Regarding overclocking, with either chip it's a complete lottery as to how good a clocker you get. I went with the 4770k as i need the extra threads for certain games with sli gpu's. Didnt do too badly in the silicon lottery, but it's a pretty hot running example of the breed.

Associate
are you running a gpu when you are folding if you are the i7 would be better but if you are just folding on the cpu alone the i7 and i5 will perform pretty much the same as the clients mostly use the actual core not the ht ones.

Back
Top Bottom