4k, ips, 32inch required

Caporegime
Finally decided I'm going to settle on a 4k 32in monitor, ips quality

Powered by my surface book 2 - 1060 6gb
Please be aware there is no g-sync so a monitor with this feature is not required.

I'l pprobably use it for games mainly at 1080p, and photography/3d design at 4k.

Just one thing. How bad is gaming going to look at 32inches and not 4k?
I just don' tthink my laptop will handle 4k.

Soldato
It *should* map the pixels perfectly on a 4:1 basis, so essentially you get a square of 4 pixels acting like a single pixel, turning the monitor into a 1080p one. But, software is a nightmare, and you have to make sure Windows isn't applying it's own scaling when you launch a game, or it'll look horrendous. I was actually unsuccessful at getting this to work, so I sold the monitor.

If you can, I'd see if you can get it working.

Have a look at LG's stuff - some of them have USB C charging.

Be careful as well, as the power brick provided with the surface 2 can't always provide power to the laptop when it's under full load, so the battery drains

Caporegime
OP
It *should* map the pixels perfectly on a 4:1 basis, so essentially you get a square of 4 pixels acting like a single pixel, turning the monitor into a 1080p one. But, software is a nightmare, and you have to make sure Windows isn't applying it's own scaling when you launch a game, or it'll look horrendous. I was actually unsuccessful at getting this to work, so I sold the monitor.

If you can, I'd see if you can get it working.

Have a look at LG's stuff - some of them have USB C charging.

Be careful as well, as the power brick provided with the surface 2 can't always provide power to the laptop when it's under full load, so the battery drains

Its OK on power. It helps the surface screen will be off when using the desk setup. 2 hours use only discharges the battery 30pc or so (with power connected)

Perhaps I could find someone with one to try out.

Soldato
I was recently looking for a Type C monitor for my macbook. Thought about 4K, but as I'd still want to use it with my PC, I ended up looking at WQHD. BenQ have a really nice monitor.

LG had the nicest 4K Type C monitors from what I saw :)

Caporegime
OP
I was recently looking for a Type C monitor for my macbook. Thought about 4K, but as I'd still want to use it with my PC, I ended up looking at WQHD. BenQ have a really nice monitor.

LG had the nicest 4K Type C monitors from what I saw :)

I don't need type c. As I'll be connecting via a surface Dock display port is perfect.
I think the benq is the cheapest and has a low response time as well.
Feels like a winner.
With 4k I can get rid of the second monitor.

I only use type C for charging on the road and gaming at other people's houses (but use Usb-c to hdmi dongle for that)

4k ips is still very expensive.

Soldato
I don't need type c. As I'll be connecting via a surface Dock display port is perfect.
I think the benq is the cheapest and has a low response time as well.
Feels like a winner.
With 4k I can get rid of the second monitor.

I only use type C for charging on the road and gaming at other people's houses (but use Usb-c to hdmi dongle for that)

4k ips is still very expensive.

In that case, the BenQ stuff does look to be reasonably priced for sure

Associate
I have the predecessor to the PD3200U I assume you're looking at and can't fault the build quality - really well engineered and been running for nearly 2.5 years now and very happy with it.

Caporegime
OP
I have the predecessor to the PD3200U I assume you're looking at and can't fault the build quality - really well engineered and been running for nearly 2.5 years now and very happy with it.

Thanks. Basically I want to buy this monitor and that be that until a new revolution comes out.
Old monitors are dell ultras but the 4ks are too expensive.
Thanks for the help guys. As I'm in no rush I can wait for a good deal.
Not having the g-sync takes away a lot of the decision making

Back
Top Bottom