4k projector for top notch visuals

Associate
also im after a projector on a bargain price for under £1500 i want it to do the biggect diagonal screen size image posdible at a distance of about 12 feet from sitting away from the screen
im after a 4k projector for top notch visuals
i want i want it to give me the best visuals currently available i want it for really showing of the very latest blockbuster movies special effects films and the same for gaming as well

what 4k projector is currently out there for the price would give me a top notch picture quality at this price

also what is the no1 4k projector for the same information i asked for doesnt matter of price
also i want it so i can connect a mobile phone to it

Associate
Don’t underestimate the importance of a good screen.

JVC do 4K projectors for around £7000. Sim2...up to £30,000.

you’ll be in the low end of 4K projectors with the £1500 budget. And with £2-300 spent on a screen it gets even more difficult....

Man of Honour
For picture quality at your price point then you need a home cinema projector. They have the highest contrast ratios, best black levels, and most accurate/natural looking colour rendition. For £1500 then the Epson EH-TW7100 is probably your benchmark product. Once you get into the detail of projectors you'll start to pick up on some key features that can make a big difference with performance. One of these is something called Lens Shift. This Epson has it.
The throw ratio of the Epson gives you a 9ft wide image at 12ft from the lens. 9ft wide for a 16:9 screen is a 10.3ft diagonal, or roughly 120".

For the biggest image though, you should be looking at a 4K UHD gaming projector. They have lenses designed with a wider throw so that at the same distance as a home cinema projector you'll get an image 20% to 60% larger. The trade-off is that image quality isn't anywhere near as good; blacks look grey, detail isn't as clear, colours look far less natural. The Viewsonic X10 @ £1300 has a very short throw lens. For a 12ft throw from the lens to the screen the image will be 15ft wide, or 17.2ft or just over 200". As impressive as that is, there are an awful lot of compromises in this projector, so I would strongly recommend reading a good number of reviews, then having a demo.

Regarding money no object, if you really want you could easily spend £150,000 - £200,000 on a commercial grade digital cinema projector. Something a little more down to earth though would be the price of a nice 5-series BMW or Audio A6, so around the £40K mark. You'd have a choice of a Sim2 Nero 4S Gold, or the new Sony VPL-VW1025. For entry-level Astra money there's the JVC DLA-NX9, but quite honestly if you have a decent room then the DLA-NX5 and -NX7 at £6K and £9K respectively would knock your socks off. Add a Panamorph 2.35:1 lens kit for £7K, a Stewart 2.35:1 Vistascope projector screen with variable side masking ball park £10K. All you have left to buy then is a fully treated room, furniture, immense sound system, lighting, AC, control system and a popcorn maker. Might throw that in free if I'm feeling in a generous mood ;) :D:D:D

Soldato
also im after a projector on a bargain price for under £1500 i want it to do the biggect diagonal screen size image posdible at a distance of about 12 feet from sitting away from the screen
im after a 4k projector for top notch visuals
i want i want it to give me the best visuals currently available i want it for really showing of the very latest blockbuster movies special effects films and the same for gaming as well

what 4k projector is currently out there for the price would give me a top notch picture quality at this price

also what is the no1 4k projector for the same information i asked for doesnt matter of price
also i want it so i can connect a mobile phone to it

Second hand Epson 9300 for brightness in an untreated room or a second hand JVC X5000 for a treated room.

I don't think you'll get better PQ wise than those two for your budget.

Back
Top Bottom