4k tv under £500

Associate
What size TV?
Main use (Movies, general TV, gaming)?
Room size?
Distance from screen to seat?
Do you need good viewing angles?
Is the location generally bright or can you control the amount of light in the room?

Associate
OP
max 55in, general tv ,movies football etc...no gaming. seat to screen 3 to 4 mts. will be sat in front of tv can be bright but can close curtains when needed.

i have been looking at this...any good
JVC LT-55C870 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV has good reviews

Associate
Take a look at Hisense.

They're an OEM screen supplier so their panels are pretty good. I've got the H55M3300 (55") had it a few years now and been pleased with it. Menus are a bit slow on my model (later models are fine). Does 4K HDR, use it for Netflix, Xbox, PS4, Switch etc. The later ones are better than my model but for a budget TV I'm happy with mine for now.

Caporegime
hisense have decent picture quality but look into reviews about their support, they are often a nightmare to get any issue sorted. new series of many tvs have just come out so prices will be high on new models. november time they tend to drop a little.

looking at the jvc you listed like any review look at them all. some say its okay some say its terrible rating 1/10. that is the problem with so many reviews now days.

Caporegime
hisense have decent picture quality but look into reviews about their support, they are often a nightmare to get any issue sorted. new series of many tvs have just come out so prices will be high on new models. november time they tend to drop a little.

looking at the jvc you listed like any review look at them all. some say its okay some say its terrible rating 1/10. that is the problem with so many reviews now days.

JVC is just a name. it's made by some dog turd company and nothing wrong with the reviews but people buying up what used to be popular brand names which have now failed within their respective markets yet people still associate them with quality of the good old days.

much like mike ashley and all the brands he owns which he sells through sports direct. also it's similar to british people in general that think the UK is great. living off it's past laurels when it's really a hole but just happens to still be better than africa, etc.

basically JVC, Hisense and all 55 inch 4k tvs which are £500 or less brand new will all be pretty much dog turd with hisense being the best of the bunch.

buy hisense would be my advice just don't expect it to look anything like a decent set from who are the big players; LG, Samsung and Sony. Panasonic is just below these top 3. then hisense below panasonic then all other makes below hisense.

Caporegime
yeah i know vestel and other companies just buying brand names to stick on crap tvs is common. hisense do seem to be like horror stories though if you have a issue.

Associate
OP
well I actuall bought the jvc and it seems great...the 4k ultra videos i have watched on utube are fantastic....would have prefered a lg or a samsung but my budget was too low...got the 55inch jvc for £425 so cant complain.

Caporegime
well I actuall bought the jvc and it seems great...the 4k ultra videos i have watched on utube are fantastic....would have prefered a lg or a samsung but my budget was too low...got the 55inch jvc for £425 so cant complain.

i would have went with a hisense personally. JVC is a basically just a no name branded tv with the JVC logo tacked on.

at least hisense are up and coming and leader in china. so you tend to get a better panel.

i bought a 55 inch Sony earlier this year for £1K - highly rated on rtings, hdtvtest and avforums. usually every year there are only a maximum of 5 tv's anyone should even be looking at for normal users. but the minimum budget to get something decent new which is 55 inch starts at a minimum of £700 usually.

budgets below that would mean hisense.

Associate
OP
well when I am buying a tv I like to see it working in the shop....there were no hisense tvs on display so I bought the jvc....who apparently make them for PC W...d. The pic on the jvc looked great to me and the price even better so I opted for that one....not disapointed yet any way.

Back
Top Bottom