1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4TB partition problems!!

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by rikky, 24 Sep 2014.

1. rikky

Gangster

Hiya guys, just got a 2nd hand 4tb drive and have major problems trying to get it into one GPT volume.

As it stands the drive is split into 2 partitions:
    Partition 1 is 2048GB and NTFS
    Partition 2 contains 1678GB and is Unallocated with no option to do anything with it in Windows 7 Disk Management.

What is the easiest way to merge these paritions and give me one simple storage drive as I am currently stumped.:(

2. wazza300

Caporegime

3. dink

Hitman

I had this on a server recently and had to enable UEFI mode during system start up, this allowed me to create a 4TB volume.

4. On Holiday

Soldato

As above :)

I think you could do it through Gparted too though.

5. Semple

Sgarrista

Do you not have any options to delete the volume - assuming you're not wanting to keep any data on there.

6. rikky

Gangster

Hiya, guys thanks for all the hints - never managed to get any of them to work but I did manage to get it working with EaseUS Partition Master.

I first of all deleted all the paritions on the hard drive and then Initialized to GPT - literally took 30 seconds and everything is now OK and I have one single 4TB drive.:D