Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4
Corsair VENGEANCELPX16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600
Intel i3 12100f

Old
GTX 560 1gb
Corsair TX750 power supply
Old SATA3 SSD

Monitor VGA cable into graphics card. No screen, 5 beeps on speaker

I've swapped the CPU with another brand new one, no luck. Also reseated and checked all the mobo pins and none are bent that I can see.

I think it might be the graphics card is not UEFI and the mobo having UEFI by default. I don't have a spare graphics card on me to test it until next weekend.

Anyone had similar issues with 5 beeps on a gigabyte motherboard?

Man of Honour
Did you see this post on your googling? It sounds daft, but ...

"Long story short if the graphics card doesn't pick up a signal from your monitors it lets out these 5 beeps don't stress just reset the computer and make sure your monitors are on and you will find this time it will start up with the normal 1 beep and no vga light.

This seems like something gigabyte should look into as the 5 beeps meaning 2 different things is really confusing and had me panicking my new cpu was faulty. I have seen a few others posting about this same issue and I dont think this answer has been put forward so I'm posting it to help anyone in the same boat I was.

TLDR: don't turn pc on without monitor signal if your running a gigabyte mobo with one of the new rtx graphics cards or it will beep at you."

Associate
OP
Yup. Googled extensively. Tried different monitors and his TV.

Stumbled onto this and I'm hoping this is the issue. Trouble is I can only be at his place for 3h next weekend, and the clock is ticking if I need to RMA the motherboard instead. So I need to have all the solutions/tools at hand in the little time I have

Back
Top Bottom