50,000 miles in 6 years with a 2006 750i - What did it cost??

Soldato
Valve stem seals killed my Mazda Xedos 9 Miller.

They were a factory fault and there was a recall to have them replaced.
Unfortunately the owner of mine didn't get it done. Also around that time we moved and decided to have one car so Mazda went to scrap car grave yard - I did get about £250 for it not long after I put new discs and pads on it and the brakes were brill.

Always wanted a big BMW but it was all dreaming.

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Still driving this today, ticked over 120k now and still driving well.
Had a handbrake error which seems to have been caused by a jammed cable. It's slipped from the actuation lever as it will not move anymore.
However, parts (new cable and fitting kit) are ordered for about £60 and I will get it done when they turn up hopefully, and swapping out the handbrake shoes whilst they are open to the air.
I also had to redo the halo bulbs as the LEDs i stuck in there a few years ago went again. It's a bumper off job..
So i polished the headlights as they were looking a little faded whilst the bumper was out.

With all that I still want to keep it, but with a little change of circumstances coming it may not make sense.
I will be needing to do daily short trips again during the week. Not really wanting to do that sort of local milage with a 5 litre v8, I am seriously looking at buying something newer and a little less thirsty. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Still driving this today, ticked over 120k now and still driving well.
Had a handbrake error which seems to have been caused by a jammed cable. It's slipped from the actuation lever as it will not move anymore.
However, parts (new cable and fitting kit) are ordered for about £60 and I will get it done when they turn up hopefully, and swapping out the handbrake shoes whilst they are open to the air.
I also had to redo the halo bulbs as the LEDs i stuck in there a few years ago went again. It's a bumper off job..
So i polished the headlights as they were looking a little faded whilst the bumper was out.

With all that I still want to keep it, but with a little change of circumstances coming it may not make sense.
I will be needing to do daily short trips again during the week. Not really wanting to do that sort of local milage with a 5 litre v8, I am seriously looking at buying something newer and a little less thirsty. :(
Buy a bike :D

Caporegime

Sounds like the perfect job for a used Nissan Leaf. Have you considered one? It'll cost nothing to run, can be had cheap, will never break down, is faster than a ferrari, more luxurious than a Rolls, you'll be dripping in clunge and all the blokes will want to be you. Win win really.

(also, nice to see you've not drowned this one... yet :D)

Soldato

Surely it is less thirsty now you’ve sorted the oil issue ;)

Caporegime
Assuming the short trips are just that, short, I really wouldn't worry about the mpg, sure it'll drop a bit but you still like the car, it drives well and you've kept on top of it.

I'd keep it tbh.

Caporegime
My older sisters partner at the time was a chauffeur driving one of these around it was a 760li. Maroon with beige interior. It must have been 04-05. Felt like an absolute spaceship at the time and I felt like royalty at the time sitting in the back. Funny how these are shed money now!

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Sold today:
750iFINAL.jpg

Just been driven away by a lovely private buyer. We are very sad to see it go! Its been an awesome car over the years, and final milage was 121712 in my ownership!

Last edited:
Soldato
So nice to see a clean well looked after one. Looking handsome now IMO compared to the current mess of a 7 series. I hope the buyer looks after it like you have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom