£50 for a 2500k cooler

Soldato
I started a spec me thread in the general hardware forum but it didn't get much love so i'm gonna have to do it piece by piece :(

I really wanted to get a Silver Arrow but they seem to have been out of stock everywhere for weeks with no sign of change. Instead i'm now looking at the Akasa Venom Voodoo since its in budget and should be fairly quiet.

I'm open to any and all suggestions if the Voodoo isn't worth the money.

Thanks.

Soldato
I would get the Antec Kuhler 920 mate. Got one on my i5 oc'd at 4.8 and havent looked back. Airflow is really poor in my case and the chip never goes above roughly 65 after hours of load.

Just seen the thing about budget, the 920 is £30 out of bduget. Maybe the 620 mate with a better fan or even two fans?

C64

C64

Soldato
If you can fit the thermalright archon it's still a good cooler and a bit of bargain at £35-99 here.Here's mine with mx3 paste it's stock fan pushing and an old 120mm akasa amber pulling at 1250 rpm.Two separate runs of 51 passes this was the hottest run.
Capture-10.jpg

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
The all in one water coolers are overpriced and noisy even the top model corsair h100 needs 4x fans @ noisy as hell speeds to get near the top air coolers.Why pay £60 for £30 performance if we are talking noise / performance ratio.

Soldato
OP
I considered the Dark Rock Pro but the review at Overclock3d wasn't great with the mounting kit in particular being slated. Mounting coolers has always been my least favourite bit about building a rig so i want to avoid getting one that even the OC3d guy says is a PITA.

Soldato
I considered the Dark Rock Pro but the review at Overclock3d wasn't great with the mounting kit in particular being slated. Mounting coolers has always been my least favourite bit about building a rig so i want to avoid getting one that even the OC3d guy says is a PITA.

Thermalright coolers are a breeze to install.

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/thermalrigh_venomous_x_cpu_cooler_review,7.html

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/thermalright_archon_cpu_cooler_review,8.html

Back
Top Bottom