50" + smart tv for films, videos, gaming (tombraider shadows, IL2£flighf sims) browsing, emails erc. Advice please

Associate
Hi

I'm looking into getting a larger tv that can double up as a pc screen.
Low latency, high refresh rate options, oled or qled(?) etc.

My budget: £600
My system specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
3.40 GHz AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
16.0 GB DDR4 Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU.
32" 2560 x 1440 LCD monitor

I use/view my current pc/32"monitor from my bed, which is aprox 10 feet in distance from me. Ideally I would like to be able to email, browse the net, watch films and videos and game play without stressing my eyes.
And advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Marc

PS I am also after a wirekess gamepad controller for my pc, the xbox elite 2 seems to tick all the right boxes (little on the expensive side, but hoping for deals on Black Friday...)

Associate
OP
Does anyone have any experience with the HISENSE 55U7KQTUK 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR Mini-LED TV with Amazon Alexa?

Seems to tick the right boxes(?)

Permabanned
Does anyone have any experience with the HISENSE 55U7KQTUK 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR Mini-LED TV with Amazon Alexa?

I have a HiSense 65A7100FTUK from 2021, it's been great, got it stupidly cheap around £5-600, I use it for movies, my macbook pro and gaming on console/dedicated PC and it's been great. Can't speak for your model but I can say the build quality is awesome, mine doesn't have Android, it has it's own OS but again is more than good enough for smart-tv features, I just turned off all the local dimming zones/auto contrast and left the auto upscaling etc features on as makes a nice bonus for old games consoles like the PS3/4/WII and my macbook pro being an old 1080p via hdmi model.

I'd say go with it, mines 'only' 440 nitts IIRC and yet I have it in a room with massive windows and it's very bright and doesn't require the curtains closed, a mate has a decent Phillips, along with other friends with LG etc etc brands and they need the curtain closed. So anything newer can only be even more awesome/impressive.

These also have a really nice thin frame and hidden big backward firing speakers that go really loud if that's your thing, I like using the built in speakers for watching stuff like podcasts/youtube etc with as it has this feature for any input where you can boost speaking and normalise all volume so if you want to watch something quietly without constant jumps in volume be it explosions in a film/music etc, you're not sat there constantly turning stuff up and down frantically - I think that's a really nice feature.

There is an auto detection of inputs when powered on with a quick press of 1 button you can switch without having to goto the inputs then select the new source etc, there's many things like that with these tv's that make them very friendly to use.
With the fast boot/power on mode it is stupidly quick, but I turn that off as I personally prefer not to leave stuff in standby.

Based on how old mine is versus what they now offer, I don't think you can go wrong, I personally used Richer Sounds as they offered a free at the time 6 year warranty that covers any defects with no sneaky hidden conditions, and you can take it into any store in the UK wether you move house or whatever - which is a nice bonus customer service wise, they also will happily knock £20 off if you ask and then spend that on next day premium by 1pm delivery ;) that's what I did.

IIRC now you can just sign up for free to be a member and still get the fancy warranty, nice to be offered that vs 2 years like most tv's/companies offer or charging you for further years, was one of the main reasons I bought the tv/used Richer Sounds tbh.

Hope this ownership experience helps give you some confidence in the brand/build quality in general. Sorry I can't speak on your model, but if mines this good for a budget 2021 tv, then a new model will be spot on IMHO!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have a HiSense 65A7100FTUK from 2021, it's been great, got it stupidly cheap around £5-600, I use it for movies, my macbook pro and gaming on console/dedicated PC and it's been great. Can't speak for your model but I can say the build quality is awesome, mine doesn't have Android, it has it's own OS but again is more than good enough for smart-tv features, I just turned off all the local dimming zones/auto contrast and left the auto upscaling etc features on as makes a nice bonus for old games consoles like the PS3/4/WII and my macbook pro being an old 1080p via hdmi model.

I'd say go with it, mines 'only' 440 nitts IIRC and yet I have it in a room with massive windows and it's very bright and doesn't require the curtains closed, a mate has a decent Phillips, along with other friends with LG etc etc brands and they need the curtain closed. So anything like newer will be awesome.

These also have a really nice thin frame and hidden big backward firing speakers that go really loud if that's your thing, I like using the built in speakers for watching stuff like podcasts/youtube etc with as it has this feature for any input where you can boost speaking and normalise all volume so if you want to watch something quietly without constant jumps in volume be it explosions in a film/music etc, you're not sat there constantly turning stuff up and down frantically - I think that's a really nice feature.

There is an auto detection of inputs when powered on with a quick press of 1 button you can switch without having to goto the inputs then select the new source etc, there's many things like that with these tv's that make them very friendly to use.
With the fast boot/power on mode it is stupidly quick, but I turn that off as I personally prefer not to leave stuff in standby.

Based on how old mine is versus what they now offer, I don't think you can go wrong, I personally used Richer Sounds as they offered a free at the time 6 year warranty that covers any defects with no sneaky hidden conditions, and you can take it into any store in the UK wether you move house or whatever - which is a nice bonus customer service wise, they also will happily knock £20 off if you ask and then spend that on next day premium by 1pm delivery ;) that's what I did.

IIRC now you can just sign up for free to be a member and still get the fancy warranty, nice to be offered that vs 2 years like most tv's/companies offer or charging you for further years, was one of the main reasons I bought the tv/used Richer Sounds tbh.

Hope this ownership experience helps give you some confidence in the brand/build quality in general. Sorry I can't speak on your model, but if mines this good for a budget 2021 tv, then a new model will be spot on IMHO!
Thanks a bunch for all your great advice and user experience keef247! Verry helpfull indded.
I'll be popping into to a local curry's to see these models in the flesh. Hopefuly black Friday will offer up some deals.

Permabanned
Thanks a bunch for all your great advice and user experience keef247! Verry helpfull indded.
I'll be popping into to a local curry's to see these models in the flesh. Hopefuly black Friday will offer up some deals.
You're very welcome mate, I love it when you take a chance on something and it outdoes better brands, the picture quality is ridiculous for what it is, I've seen Samsungs/Sony?LG double the price and not beat it genuinely, a mate of mine was a AV installer and was very impressed, if you didn't tell someone the brand/price you could easily match/outdo more expensive brands.
If I had a chance to do it again, I'd save up the money for a name brand expensive model, then put that money into a HiSense, I reckon you'd literally end up with double the picture quality/featureset for half the price of a name brand that'd produce as good quality, or at worse then same quality for half the price!
Can't go wrong mate, normally I'm a brand whore but I took a chance on this as they seem to be highly vouched for, so glad I did!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers Keef!
Going back to Curry's today to have another look-see (the Hisen wasn't plugged in). I must say that those OLED displays are amazing in clarity...Displays have certainly come a long way both in tech and pricing...

Associate
OP
Awesome mate, you're in for a treat!

After watching the Hisense mini led in-store, I was pleasantly impressed with the picture quality.
I looked at the LG Evo oled G series as well.

The LG pips the Hisense in the clarity, colours, sound, no blurring during high speed action shots , but the price is way higher....

Impressed with both sets.

Last edited:
Soldato

My dad bought this model last week, i set it up for him and i was pleasantly surprised by it's performance and features for the price

As an OLED owner i would say if you can up your budget then go OLED but if not then the hisense is a good buy.

Associate
OP
My dad bought this model last week, i set it up for him and i was pleasantly surprised by it's performance and features for the price

As an OLED owner i would say if you can up your budget then go OLED but if not then the hisense is a good buy.
Cheers peahead, I think you summed it up perfectly. I'll string it out a bit longer and see what lady luck brings me :)

Permabanned
After watching the Hisense mini led in-store, I was pleasantly impressed with the picture quality.
I looked at the LG Evo oled G series as well.

The LG pips the Hisense in the clarity, colours, sound, no blurring during high speed action shots , but the price is way higher....

Impressed with both sets.
Ah that's a shame that model has blurring. I guess it's best to wait till new tech is a bit older for them to have it dialed in on more budget brands? That'd be why mine is, being just before stuff like this came out I guess?

Can't really go wrong with LG, love my Ultra Gear monitor, so I have both brands, ha that's only just clicked.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers Keef.
The Hisense 55" can now be had for £699, whilst the LG Evo Gseries 55" is £1579.

Huge difference in price so far....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It seems that these tvs run at a native 144hz or there abouts. Would one need a beast of a gpu to run it? Or can thr tvs be run at a lower hz?

Back
Top Bottom