• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5000$ 3070-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Is the whole process to do with "Just In Time" Manufacturing processing, predicting need in the future, based on supply/demand and when it gets thrown out of whack when it goes down, because they're also trying to eliminate the waste as well in manufacturing, it magnifies the issue?
not quite because JIT implies that they have the materials that they need and are CHOOSING not to manufacture more, but the simple facts are that whether it's GPU, VRAM, Capacitors, VRM's or even in a couple of cases that I'm aware of RGB CONTROLLERS! they don't. They have sit, waiting to build up enough components to do a production run, which obviously means that there are higher overheads for every card that they produce because the production line is run well below it's ideal capacity.

There's so many shortages in so many sectors than numerous factories and fabs would have to decide to "expand" at the same time for it to make much difference.

I had an email from a supplier yesterday telling me that they'd had to put up their pricing due to a 200% increase to the price of FOAM!

Good work!

We need a special thread "Hall of shame" for this sort of thing.
GDPR still applied unfortunately

Associate
Is the whole process to do with "Just In Time" Manufacturing processing, predicting need in the future, based on supply/demand and when it gets thrown out of whack when it goes down, because they're also trying to eliminate the waste as well in manufacturing, it magnifies the issue?
Not really due to JIT, but yes - in the 2 years it takes to build a factory, add production lines, recruit and train workers, the market may have moved so much that the whole endeavour is a waste of time. Hence manufacturers wanting solid market conditions to make significant investments in increasing capacity.

Associate
there as at least one before the voucher codes were published

the "operator" called us up in a panic to stop it.

needless to say the address is now blacklisted :p

Ha, that gave me a chuckle... shame there's not more that can be done, but I'm sure there'd be a greater problem if retailers were all sharing a mega-blacklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom