• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

560TI twin frozr youtube issue

Associate
I upgraded my drivers yesterday so that may be the problem but today and yesterday i noticed (after not using youtube for a wee while) that when i'm in full screen it'll play the video fine for a while then all of a sudden the screen goes fuzzy and a greeny pixely colour and then then sound stops a couple of secends later and the only way to stop it is to hard reset the comp

It's fine on everything else including games and i've noticed a few people have had issues with youtube and flash causing problems

Any ideas on the solution?

Thanks

Soldato
Same card here and I've not experienced that issue with any driver set since I bought the card. I watch a lot of flash videos in full screen using Google Chrome; primarily youtube and twitch.tv streams at 720p.

This doesn't really help you but indicates it's probably not video driver related.

The Best solution? A clean Windows re-install. It's the only way you'll absolutely know you are starting with a clean slate. It's not what you want to hear but it's less headache in the long run.

Not so good solution? Try and work out what's broken.

Associate
You could alternatively turn off hardware acceleration (a tool that utilizes your gpu to play flash content) by right clicking the youtube and going to settings/properties (I forget the exact wording).

I assume the card is okay during gameplay? How long have you had it for now?

I personally turn the hardware acceleration off anyway as it doesn't mess with your gpu clocks when playing games etc.

Associate
OP
I'll try that hardware acceleration

All stuff was new in january and never had any problems, all a fresh install on my ssd after i got my new graphics card and is totally fine during games, i've done a frech clean install of the new drivers so i'll see how it works with this

Thanks

Soldato
If you're confident your system is fine then try the afore mentioned hardware flash toggle. If that fixes your issue perhaps you could mention which browser, flash and video driver versions you are using.

Associate
I'm having the same issue - random crashes playing online video - but I've just put in a 6870, which is totally stable on furmark and STALKER c.o.p. on max settings.
After trying about 3 different drivers I can only think its a recent flash update which is the culprit; disabling hardware acceleration in flash helped a bit but did not eliminate the problem - I've now uninstalled flash except the plug-in for firefox - it seemed to happen more with internet explorer. fingers crossed!

I got no 'dump' screen giving error details - just a blue/black/green screen, audio cuts out a second later and the cpu fan starts spinning faster each time.

Back
Top Bottom