• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x temps lower since windown update or?

Soldato
I mean the CPU is still relatively new, since Monday this week really. But usually temps are hitting about 75c max after some hours of games/whatever.

PC has been on for several hours now with HW monitor running, playing PUBG, temp maxed at 65c.

I didn't change anything, except my PC did a Windows update earlier, that possible?

Soldato
On older Ryzens you had to use Ryzen Balanced under Powet Plan, it came with AMD Chipset Drivers (I had a 3800X). Now aftet upgrading to a 5800X I left it on Ryzen Balanced as well, however I am not use if its still needed.
Nah, its not. Since I changed from 3800 to 5800X the Ryzen power plans are gone all together. I just use high performance

Soldato
OP
Could be the thermal paste settling in/ curing after some heat cycles

Must be this. I have been running the PC since starting this thread earlier, running rocket league at 144fps all sorts, and temp max 67c, thats a good chunk lower than 75c.

EDIT: I mean I am not complaining, its obviously a good thing, just wierd how that seems to have sorted itself out lol.

Associate
I installed mine a week ago with a fresh install of Windows, so can’t really comment on before the update. Getting 20-30c idle on Windows balanced power plan, and with Cinebench R23 multi-core hitting 70c. Using the Artic Freezer 280mm.

Back
Top Bottom