• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x3d lower heaven benchmark score than my old 3700x

Associate
I installed the new processor and my heaven score has gone from 4300 to 3500, I've tried setting power to AMD performance, resetting BIOS, updating chipset drivers, updating the BIOS but still poor heaven scores....any ideas what to try next?

Thanks

Soldato
Do you have any games you can try and benchmark?

Could just be heaven is not optimised for 3d vcache.

You haven't mentioned what GPU your using.

Could also update GPU drivers as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I installed the new processor and my heaven score has gone from 4300 to 3500, I've tried setting power to AMD performance, resetting BIOS, updating chipset drivers, updating the BIOS but still poor heaven scores....any ideas what to try next?

Thanks

Its not a benchmark CPU its a gaming CPU. It actually scores worse then my 5800x in benchmarks. Compare it in games and the 3700x wont be fit to wipe its boots.

Soldato
Not the best benchmark but a Cinebench run will give a better picture on CPU performance. Heaven is pretty old and I remember back then it was more to see how well your GPU did tessellation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Make sure you are not using the Ryzen power plan (they don't apply to Zen 3) and check that you are using the latest chipset drivers and BIOS version.

Soldato
Heaven 4? I thought Heaven is a GPU benchmark and a fairly old one.
Let me know the benchmark and settings and ill try…
But as said, its a gaming CPU, not a benching one.
Maybe if there’s a new benchmark in the future to test L3 cache, then it’ll be the best at benching!

Associate
new nvidia drivers came out today. After installing them my r23 multi score was 14823, up from 11,000 before the driver installation, although I don't see why gfx drivers would affect a cpu benchmark. My other benchmark scores are up too.

I had already installed previously the AMD chipset drivers and set power plan to windows balanced rather than the ryzen plan

Last edited:
Soldato
new nvidia drivers came out today. After installing them my r23 multi score went was 14823, up from 11,000 before the driver installation, although I don't see why gfx drivers would affect a cpu benchmark. My other benchmark scores are up too.

I had already installed previously the AMD chipset drivers and set power plan to windows balanced rather than the ryzen plan
That's really strange. You could run SFC /SCANNOW in a command prompt with admin privileges to make sure you haven't got any corrupt Windows files.

Associate
I did a fresh install of windows last week because I bought a new nvme drive so it's unlikely to be corrupted in the space of a few days

Back
Top Bottom