• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 + hdmi lead

Permabanned
i got an hdmi lead i know how have a 1inch black black border round my monitor for some reason my monitor does not auto adjust and it has no settings to do it! i've looked around in CCC but caznt see anything ovbious to change can any 1 help me out?

monitor is a Hyundai-q H245W

Associate
Are you running dual monitors? I had this problem because my 24" would run at 1680x1050 at which the 22" was running but didn't stretch the image, so I had a black border round the 1920x1080 24". Fixed by going into Ctrl Panel and checking the 24" as 'Make this monitor my main display'.

Permabanned
OP
i think its the ati 9.12 drivers they have no scaling for some strange reason!

EDIT - yes they do its just very well hidden... soloution was go to CCC Graphics -> Desktop & Displays -> Right click on your monitor -> Configure -> Apply support for correct formats -> Advanced -> Apply Format(that you just added) -> Scaling Options -> reduce to 0%

Last edited:
Permabanned
yes mine always does this, it will be the scaling option, you need to reduce it to 0 or far right. Follow chronics instuctions and it is on the list.

Associate

EDIT - yes they do its just very well hidden... soloution was go to CCC Graphics -> Desktop & Displays -> Right click on your monitor -> Configure -> Apply support for correct formats -> Advanced -> Apply Format(that you just added) -> Scaling Options -> reduce to 0%

OH MY GOODNESS!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!! I recently got a new monitor and moved up from vga to dvi connection and had the border problem!!!! And i RMAed the monitor but still had the same problem but this solved it!!! MASSIVE THANKS MAN!!!

Permabanned

love the sneaky edit to add my instructions in there....

Associate
Manually Adjusting Image Size and Position using Underscan/Overscan for TVs

Based on the navigation system contained in the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center window, do one of the following:
Navigation menu—From the display palette on the Desktops & Displays page, click the desired TV, and then click Configure in the context menu that appears.
Navigation tree—From the tree in the Graphics Settings tab, expand TV Properties.
Click Adjustments.
Move the Underscan/Overscan slider to adjust the overall size of the image on the TV.
Use this slider to adjust any visible black borders around the edge of the image.

Note: The slider is not available for TVs configured to use a custom or the default optimized timing mode.

Associate
You will always have a black border when using HDMI, but once you set your overscan in the CCC by going to Graphics at the top/Desktops and Displays, then right click on the monitor picture at the bottom and configure. You will see a Scalings Options tab where you can adjust the overscan, once you apply and ok it, it will stay the full size of the screen from then on.
On a side note, for anyone still struggling with having a 4:3 image on lower resolution games, set your resolution to 1024x768 then go to configure display as just described,under the Attributes tab tick "scale image to full panel size" then ok and exit, you can now run at your proper resolution and all 4:3 games will now be 16:9.

Back
Top Bottom