• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5950X AM4 Owners

Soldato
Hi All, just for interest, I recently did a "budget" upgrade and went old school Zen3 (literally couldn't be arsed paying more for 4k gaming and Zen 4), just wondering what speeds people are getting on their 5950x's? I've ran PBO, -30mv and it's running 5050 boost on 4 cores and generally runs 4700mhz all core giving a cinebench score circa 29k. During cinebench, it's maxing around 81C... so happy with the setup and the clocking... however, just wondering what others and are you doing better manually? I've been a Xeon owner for the past 10 years so, havent' really got a clue what I was doing with the Ryzen Master stuff hence went easy root... however happy to mess around if people think I can get more!

EDIT: Strangely meant to add this, when I was running the optimisation, I did notice that all 16 cores were capable of 5050mhz, HWinfo reported the maxes and everyone hit it... whether that's stable, unstable and that's what optimiser does who knows! I've also noticed that after say resetting HWinfo, that ALL the core will at some point have boosted to 5050mhz which is surprising I didn't expect that at diffeent times they'd all do that!

Last edited:
Associate
Ill have a look at mine later, but from memory im running a ler core offset, most core's set to -25 with a few set to minus -20. It took a while to do this but I has now been perfectly stable for over a year, so im happy.

My fastest cores will boost to 5.1Ghz, the majority will hit 5, with the slowest boosting to 4.8Ghz.

All core load will sit at around 4.55 stable scoring 30k on cinebench R23

Associate
Been a while since I've ran R23 and I used to get scores around 31k really trying for 32k back when the 5950x was new before all the performance killing security updates. So these scores are from a fresh cold boot this morning using my everyday overclock.

Soldato
OP
Mmm interesting so I'm slightly below you guys who've manually clocked... might have a mess around this weekend as my R23 score is usually around 29,400k... so slightly off you guys and my CPUZ scores are 690 single and 13,300 multi... but that varies a little more dependant on what's running. Maybe it's becaise I'm running PBO and I think it's set all core -30 offset, maybe that's a little low and I need -20 to -25...

Soldato
OP
If you're only getting 29K with 4.7 all core you are probably clock stretching
Don't know what that is but will have a read hahaha... I'm wondering whether possibly my ram is a little biut of a bottleneck for out and out performance as it's 3200mhz... as I had a budget and I wanted 128GB for the hell of it... little things like that may make a difference... but hey for what I paid for this,. as long as it's awesome in my 4k gaming which is it... it's ok, but I will have a read up and see what if anything is going on, as if you're saying I should be hitting 30k, I'm a little off... so there's possibly something I can tweak...

Not like the old days of Intel, voltage, settings, tweak multipliers... it's all boiost nowadays... quite hard to know what the frig is going on hahaha

Associate
Don't know what that is but will have a read hahaha... I'm wondering whether possibly my ram is a little biut of a bottleneck for out and out performance as it's 3200mhz... as I had a budget and I wanted 128GB for the hell of it... little things like that may make a difference... but hey for what I paid for this,. as long as it's awesome in my 4k gaming which is it... it's ok, but I will have a read up and see what if anything is going on, as if you're saying I should be hitting 30k, I'm a little off... so there's possibly something I can tweak...

Not like the old days of Intel, voltage, settings, tweak multipliers... it's all boiost nowadays... quite hard to know what the frig is going on hahaha
Happens when the CPU clock reported is higher than what the CPU is running internally. Check your effective clock speed reading in hwinfo when doing an all core load and compare it against the core clock sensors, you want them equal or as close as possible (+/- 20mhz)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom