• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5950x issues

Associate
Hi All

I've changed from a 5800x to a 5950x and so far I'm encountering more problems.

System is running with a 360 deepcool aio/msi mag tomahawk 570 mobo/8 pack t-force cl14 3600 16gb ram/rtx 3090 fe.

I've disabled global c-states/ pbo is enabled (though setting to auto makes little difference) and have SAM enabled (4g).

As seen below I notice my cpu is up and down and does not seem to present very stable.

Any help/advice appreciated.

https://ibb.co/jVCjJhH

Associate
Whilst his score is where you might more or less expect he has not hit 5Ghz at any point so imagine some of his PBO settings are limiting, looks like he only hits 4.7Ghz.

This is mine on motherboard PBO limits, you can see the CPU is doing a lot of 5G, obviously I am held back by my broken 1080Ti, one day I will buy a new GPU....which day...what year who knows.

Firstrike-U.png

Soldato
So you're running a game engine and asking why your clock speed is fluctuating? Serious?

if you want to see locked clocks then run Cinebench

Back
Top Bottom